The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 AM

Default A quick tribute to my faithful friend...

7 months of ownership and 30,000+ miles travelled - My Blackbird Nylon Ryder has been in my hand almost as often as any other guitar. It has survived being checked with golf bags, put into overhead with luggage, almost every climate on the globe (save arctic) and it still looks and plays beautifully.

My instructor threatens to buy one almost every time he picks it up. I take this out in the hotel and I have a crowd of new people to talk to (and play for). It's full sound is completely relaxing and you don't have put in a pair of headphones to hear yourself play your "travel" guitar.

The neck-up support works for every odd chair or perch I've found. 3.5 lbs means no shoulder or back pains. I suppose the bag could be better though.

Altogether one of the wiser guitar purchasing decisions I've made. So cheers to Blackbird for making my business travel that much more enjoyable!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM

30,000 miles? Wow - you must do a ton of flying. So is the Blackbird Nylon Ryder considered a "travel" guitar? What's the scale length?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Default Blackbird Rider Nylon Scale

The scale is 650mm or 25.6"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber