The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Default Who makes carbon fiber ukuleles?

I know of blackbird already, but are there any other companies that you know of who make carbon fiber ukes? Ive tried emailing a few CF guitar makers who have told me no way Jose, but I figured that if anyone would know, it would be you guys right here. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting a blackbird uke as it is, but would like to find someone to make a CF uke in a more traditional shape. I really hope that more companies (Emerald, Rainsong, etc....) embrace the uke movement and dive into ukulele making. I mean, the uke is already so travel friendly that it just begs to be made in such a durable material as CF.

Thanks

Last edited by Couloirman; 03-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 AM

There are two other makers that I'm aware of and you should be able to find them with a search of the MacNichol forum site.

One is made in Thailand and is anything but traditional looking--but sounds nice,

. . . and the other I don't recall where it is from, but it is very traditional looking. They had made a few but they had not not made enough for sale as of a few months ago. I think they are mentioned at MacNichol also--but if not, do the Google search thing.

I can say easily that neither of the two other makers made anything that looked at the level of quality and perfection of Blackbird, but the price is much less. The Thailand uke is about half the cost.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Blackbird makes CF ukuleles.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM

Beltona in NZ makes a very nice CF and Fibreglass resonator Ukulele. I love this thing. I've been traveling with it for the last several months and I haven't found myself missing my Nationals or vintage Martin Ukes. A very cool ukulele. And loud enough to cut through anything.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber