The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM

Default Guitar Moose Picks

Hi,

I noticed some posts on these picks and they look nice.

Before I order (they're not cheap!), I was wondering what ones would be the best for plugged in use, specifically those that would have the least amount of quack.

I'm thinking of the .75 clear sticky pick. I've been using the Fred Kelly Nylon Heavy picks up to now, and they're OK, but I get slippage!

Thanks for any thoughts!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 AM

They certainly are cheap enough to try out and see.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 AM

Well, they're x6 to x10 more expensive than 'regular' picks, not including shipping. They're not sold locally for me, so I just thought I'd check on the forum before pulling trigger.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Definitely worth a try in my opinion. The one I have is around 1 mm and the tone is different from any of my other picks...the grip surface is an interesting feature as well. Try 'em, you might love 'em.

"May you stay forever young."-Dylan
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM

I don't know how or what you play so I have no idea what you need. I use the .50mm and .80 mm and ordered 3 of each. I still have them. They show no signs of wear and are still "sticky" Each type serves a purpose to me. I use the .50mm the most. I don't use them exclusively but I keep them nearby. As for cost, there was no trigger pulling for me. The price was very reasonable and I don't recall shipping being anything other than actual cost. I like to experiment and they are cheaper than guitars.

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM

I don't play electric but I do use these picks. I love them. I wouldn't play with a pick at all(my normal style) if I didn't have a Soft Grip pick to play with. I just can't get the hang of picks but this work very well for me. You can mention the forum and I think you get a discount. I love the carbon(black ones). They are nice and warm. The Ultem and white are more bright and the clear is in between(second favorite). They are amazing. The Sticky grips version is okay but I really love the Soft Grip.
Eastman AC412
Alvarez AP70
Yamaha LS16R A.R.E.

Gone:
Martin 000MMV
Martin MMV x2
Yamaha FG700S
Guild GAD30 Padauk
Want a bunch more...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Curmudgeon

I do not like the actual picks, but if you buy some of the little adhesive sticky dots, you can turn any one of your favorite pics into a non slip pick. I put one on the thumb side and now they stay put. Great product.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM

Regarding "slippage": Working on your technique of holding the pick would be better in the long run than worrying about trying gimmicky picks. (says the guy who plays with vintage TS picks or $35 Blue Chip picks... LOL!! )
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Default Guitar Moose Picks

I just decided to order some of the little dots, I'll see how I like them.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:29 AM
crescent

I would not purchase the soft pick again started ripping apart after 3hrs,the sticky brand seem,s okay.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 PM

They will send you a free sample pick if you ask.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM

They are great folks to work with. I've purchased several dozen from them and really love both the sticky and the soft grip models. Chitz is right, if you call or email Alexander, he will happily send you a free sample.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Default Guitar Moose

Moose .75 SOFT GRIP CLEAR Are my pick of choice . Just received another dozen . My review is posted on the website . They are not gimmicky, they're the best picks For MY USE I've ever found . I've played all picks UNDER $3 Not paying $35 for any pick , Dont care what they sound like or made of . The DOTS are not the same on other picks as getting the CLEAR .75 Softgrip. They sound best to me from anything else with hardly no Clickity. Would had never known about them had i not joined this forum , Best thing's ever happened for my playing. 10 percent AGF discount - - Yes softgrip will eventually disintegrate , depends if you have clean hands, Not in 3 hours - but when it does - peel the rest off and play without the grip or use double sided tape,
or order more , I have had only one peel and that was because I had a SOLVENT of some sort on my hands.

Last edited by SpiderTrap; 04-06-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:40 PM

A couple years back, I experimented with different styles of picks, and made these. They worked great. Thick grip, thinner more flexible tip.
Dan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion