The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
It's been long enough since I had them both at the same time that I can't give an objective answer to that question at this point. There's certainly nothing wrong with the Studios acoustically if that's all you're looking for. I do prefer the sculped heal of the Pros, versus the traditional Spanish heal of the Studios. And the solid woods on the Pro, versus the laminated body woods on the Studio will make a difference over time. But how much of a difference will be up to the player and particular instrument.
I appreciate all you input and feedback. And just to be clear, I am not dissatisfied in the least with my GK Studio. Just the opposite, I love it so much, I was just thinking out loud that if the solid wood version offered even better tone to an already awesome tone (in the Studio), I would entertain the upgrade.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efhole View Post
I appreciate all you input and feedback. And just to be clear, I am not dissatisfied in the least with my GK Studio. Just the opposite, I love it so much, I was just thinking out loud that if the solid wood version offered even better tone to an already awesome tone (in the Studio), I would entertain the upgrade.
Roger that. I was sufficiently impressed with my Studio to sell my beloved Breedlove Masterclass and a chance on the GK Pro.... so there's nothing lacking in the Studio series at all acoustically. The electronics are definitely where the Pros make the biggest sonic upgrade. And it really is, night and day between the low and high end Fishman onboard electronics. But outside of that, the differences between the Studio and Pro are less stark.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Roger that. I was sufficiently impressed with my Studio to sell my beloved Breedlove Masterclass and a chance on the GK Pro.... so there's nothing lacking in the Studio series at all acoustically. The electronics are definitely where the Pros make the biggest sonic upgrade. And it really is, night and day between the low and high end Fishman onboard electronics. But outside of that, the differences between the Studio and Pro are less stark.
I've got a new GK Studio Pro coming in (the Pro model), should be here day after next. I visited your Soundcloud page, your tracks are fantastic and I'm assuming many are done with your Pro. Can't wait to get this guitar.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical