The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-11-2018, 11:49 PM

Default Morphed Day

Hey All,

So Friday I started thinking buy it... $300 off an I been wanting a Gretsch hollowbody to be the 5th of my all I need handful of guitars. (Tele, ProJet, 14 fret larger body Martin (gpcpa4 rw), 12 fret slot head Martin design Sigma OOO and the hollowbody)

Gretsch 5420tg limited edition.

But way too.much bling for me - I walked out to think on it. Came in on Saturday and of course it was gone. Bummer well a kinda. So I tried one a these... A G5422t

As much if not more bling. Always thought the double cuts were ugly but it plays well and is more comfortable than a single cut 5420. Really a lot to think about - probably wait for other colors though - no doubt gonna buy a gretsch hollowbody.

So I'm a year older next weekend and they had a used fishman loudbox mini an I bought it for my wife to give me for my b-day. Tried it with my gpcpa4 rw martin an learned I can't play acoustic worth a dang anymore. Every slightly misplaced finger comes through loud an clear on that great sounding amp. Here's a pic of the Martin and the amp. Net pics - sorry.

So a potential ngd turns into a nuad (new used amp day) and a reminder to play my acoustics more.

-Ed-

from Blaine Larsen's Song "If Merle Would Sing My Song"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars