The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REO View Post
Interested to get an update on this one please
Apologies, I have not had much time to play with it. I set up a couple of reverbs for open mic on Monday - a basic subtle room reverb for one song and something using their vortex mode for a spookier song. But I am only just beginning to explore because although it is not as complex as the Strymons I have had, not by a long way, it is nevertheless very tweakable, and there are quite a few algorithms to choose from.

I have found the ones I have explored to be very natural sounding, and most of the algorithms have a warmth setting which I think is particularly useful for acoustic guitar. A few of the presets are much more "out there" (a harmonizing one, for example), but things like the shimmer and anti-shimmer, if kept dialed fairly low, sound lovely.

There is a limit to how many presets you can have - 8 - although I think with a footswitch you can increase that. Not sure. I think the editing is very straightforward. Nice and compact.

Andertons in the UK got a batch in a week ago and have already sold out. On the evidence of what I have heard in the limited time I have had, I am not surprised.

I will try and report back in greater detail but it will be early next week before I get uninterrupted time.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Had an RV-6 for a while, it was great. Got a HoF 2, and like it even better because of the pre-delay switch. Long pre-delay works really well for me.

Also have a Ventris... WOW! I never realized how cool have 2 different verbs going on at once was... until I tried it.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 02-15-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfall View Post
Apologies, I have not had much time to play with it. I set up a couple of reverbs for open mic on Monday - a basic subtle room reverb for one song and something using their vortex mode for a spookier song. But I am only just beginning to explore because although it is not as complex as the Strymons I have had, not by a long way, it is nevertheless very tweakable, and there are quite a few algorithms to choose from.

I have found the ones I have explored to be very natural sounding, and most of the algorithms have a warmth setting which I think is particularly useful for acoustic guitar. A few of the presets are much more "out there" (a harmonizing one, for example), but things like the shimmer and anti-shimmer, if kept dialed fairly low, sound lovely.

There is a limit to how many presets you can have - 8 - although I think with a footswitch you can increase that. Not sure. I think the editing is very straightforward. Nice and compact.

Andertons in the UK got a batch in a week ago and have already sold out. On the evidence of what I have heard in the limited time I have had, I am not surprised

I will try and report back in greater detail but it will be early next week before I get uninterrupted time.

Any more updates.?? I’m anxious for user reports!!
-Thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 07:22 AM

No regrets buying this one. It took me a while to figure the software (plugging the pedal into PC). I emailed IGF Sunday morning with a query about how to shift the presets around, got a reply within an hour and it is very straightforward, just a matter of understanding how the write and read functions work.

There are some lovely combined delay/reverb algorithms. It's all very transparent and musical to my ears. So much scope for soundscaping, and then easy to have eight presets all programmed and ready to go.

I have just ordered a double external tap switch so that I can use one switch for tap tempo (you can do it on the pedal itself, but you lose 4 presets). Will probably use the second switch for bank up. The pedal can take a triple switch and the company produces one designed to go with the pedal, but I have not found a UK supplier for the triple switch so happy to use the company Vein-Tap for their 2 button option.

In summary, an excellent reverb and delay combo pedal with a small footprint. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:38 AM

TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Reverb
Old 02-18-2018, 06:18 PM

i used the Hof for awhile . now i use a boss ve8. it's
one of those multi units that does vocal harmonies and looping as well.
i think the boss effects for guit and vocals are excellent
in this unit.
I settled on the spring setting for the HOF.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
I have a HOF Mini. Simple. Easy. Fantastic too.
Yep, this is what I have and it's very good!

PJ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification