The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-17-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Chris...
Dropped D and it's coming along nicely, thanks.
Sorry to revive so old of a post...But I'm also working on a drop D arrangement of Downtown. I think a capo on the 1st would bring it to the key of the recording...but then that key change later on!

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-17-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 01-17-2018, 01:00 PM

Streets of London? The writer wasn't claiming to be in that position...quite the reverse in fact.

I'm just glad you didn't say you were a Man of the World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWOtL-PZiE

How about a switch to rag time? That's pretty happy music. In fact if ever I feel a bit low I play a big of rag piano. Brightens my mood immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd_harmonic View Post
Does anyone write good songs when they're happy?
I've had a pretty dynamic life.... all the ingredients that should make for some good songs. But in spite of all the things I've been through, I'm too happy to come up with good blues lyrics. What can I do? I have a good job. My wife loves me and I don't run around on her. I'm not oppressed by anyone or anything. I'm not filled with guilt or fear or remorse.

Someone help me.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:01 PM

Or those conversation blues like Hey Joe? The guy who starts the conversation is just asking the question, he isn't the one with the major blues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell