The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Default I cannot find sheet music or chords for this song.

I had this song played at our wedding. It's coming up on our 10th anniversary and I'd love to learn this song to play for her.
I cannot find anything online. Can anybody help me either with the basic chords or a source to buy the sheet music?
If I just had the basic chords, I could probably fill in the rest.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 PM

I did a bit of a search for the chords to this tune and found nothing. When I started to listen to it I realised why. He plays it on piano and the chords he plays are kind of indistinct. Also he starts it in F#. Not a guitar friendly key and he is not playing easily identifiable chords.

I tuned my guitar down a semi tone and started to transcribe it in G. I've kind of invented some of the chords as at times he is only playing one or two notes and this is how it starts. Slow beats.
Code:
|G / B7/ | Em/ Em7/|C / G / | C / G / |
|G / B7/ | Em/ Em7/|C / G / | Am/ D7/ |
|Am/ C / | Am/ C / |Am/ C / | Am/ D7/ |
|G / B7/ | Em/ G / |C / D7/ | G / C / | G / / /|
I thought I had more or less sorted it by now but no. At this point I nearly lost the will to live because he changes key to C and it's pretty much the same again in that key.
Code:
|C / E / |Am/ Am7/ |F / G / |C / / / |
|C / E / |Am/ Am7/ |F / G / |Dm/ G / |
|F / / / |Dm / / / |F / C / |Dm/ G / |
|C / E / |Am / C / |F / G / |C / F / |

At this point I really did give up because he changes to, (tuned down) Eb. There's not that much more to do but it's now 4.30 in the morning and I'm going to bed. Maybe someone else will do the last bit.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:57 PM

There's not much online but if stanron's post doesn't get the job done the link below might help. It's doubtful that your wife will be concerned about how much like the original your version sounds so if there's a tricky or guitar unfriendly modulation near the end you might consider just skipping the change and ending in the same key. In my experience the old saying that it's the thought that counts is never more true than when a husband sings a love song to his better half. Give it your best effort and you'll make her day!
http://tabcrawler.com/2920987/JOHN-BERRY/Give-My-Heart
Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Thanks fellas. That's more than I've been able to find. I'll give it a try tonight.
I have a piano, but can't really play it.
And yeah, my wife thinks I can play and sing well. Boy...is SHE in love!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write