The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB View Post
A couple of thoughts.
  1. The stores stock what sells. If your local store doesn't have a bunch of higher-end guitars in stock, it's because they don't sell in your area.

Either that or they stock different items so as not to compete with each other. We have 4 GC's in the Phoenix area and they have very different selections.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM

I was at a GC recently, and they had 2 identical Taylor 812CEs and 2 identical Martin GPCPA1s... yet had no Taylor 600 or 700 series, and not a single other Performing Artist Series, except for the ubiquitous PA4. Couldn't really figure out the logic in that; you'd think they would trade with another local store—plenty to choose from—to keep as much variety in their inventory as possible.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Whippersnapper

I gave up trying to figure out Guitar Center's business strategy long ago. There are two here in the Triangle area and they seem to be night and day in terms of stock and their approach to customer service. Not saying they are bad at either, just different. It really affects the in-store experience.

Bel isi,
-kyle
www.kurtscobie.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion