The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-27-2015, 09:59 PM

I have about 6 Fender strats, from different eras. I'd pass on that one, unless I played it and the sound knocked me out. On the other hand, I would be really impressed to know that Mick Jagger plays one, for sure! Yeah sure!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 PM

I would tend to think this is a Rocker, hot pickups and the setup. I would agree with another posted in that I would buy a reg american, and then adjust to fit your needs wants and desires,

Good Luck
Old 06-30-2015, 12:38 AM

Very much a strat lover here. I don't usually care that much for black ones, but this black on black looks sweet. They seem to have hit on some very useful mods as well...they're using the right kinds of pots and enamel coated wire, etc., and I like the toggle for the neck pup. I also like the vintage-style saddles on the blade trem.

If they will guarantee satisfaction, that is, if they will take it back if you don't like the way it plays or sounds, go for it! That price isn't much higher than a bone stock one, so that looks like a decent deal to me, especially with the nicer case.

I have 3 Strats and a Tele, and these are some of the most versatile guitars ever conceived, each in their own way.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 06-30-2015, 04:36 AM

I bought some guitars from Sigler a few years back and still have all of them, except one tele style Peavey that I gave my son. They are all really nice guitars.

These hot rodded strats look like they have a lot of work put into them. All of the upgrades are actual "upgrades". This black one seems like a good deal if it is something you want, definitely hot rodded.

I didn't notice anything about the 2 and 4 switch positions being noise cancelling though. That is something I would want, and with that hot bridge pickup I would definitely want the "bridge tone mod" done - but it is very easy and cheap to do if you have to have someone do it, a five minute job if you have the guard screws out.

I think you will totally like it.

I would have the white pickup covers replaced with black ones and put on black control knobs and switch tip. I also might change the pick guard to either black/white/black or put a three ply dark red tortoise one on it. Personalizing it for myself. Blacked out it would be a real sleeper guitar, guaranteed to blow some minds. Black pickup covers and a tortoise guard would look great too.

All of the difficult mods are done with high quality parts, no GFS junk here. Those are some well picked out pickups in that set. I could see that guitar being a lot of fun and you definitely need to get back to us to let us know what you think.

What amp are you going to be playing that beast thru?

Congratulations by the way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars