The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-17-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabdart View Post
Why, oh why do people insist on trying to get their electric guitars to sound like acoustic guitars and their acoustic guitars to sound like electric guitars?
I just don't get it.
Jethro Tull Aqualung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP67qaf1EFo

Be a darn sight more convenient on ONE guitar.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I was listening to a Line6 demo of their latest lower cost Yamaha built Variax Standard. The one really useful thing for me would be the acoustic simulation. Can any pedal get close to that quality of sound using a regular electric guitar???
That's like one of those Holy Grail questions. Anyone who comes up with that product will definitely have a huge seller.

I haven't heard an acoustic pedal yet that can pass a "blindfold" test. I have an old Variax electric, so I can definitely see the possibilities of modeling. The one thing to remember is that all of this is in its infancy. Expect great things in the future.

Others have already said it, but I'll chime in. I've been straddling the electric/acoustic fence for years. All of my acoustics must have electronics because I am one of the rare people who love the plugged in sound. I shamelessly use EQ, DI or whatever it takes to sound good. It's not so much having a perfect acoustic tone. It is more how the audience perceives your music. If it sounds great, I don't think the average person would even notice anything amiss.

I modded an electric specifically for acoustic fingerpicking. If anyone is interested, I'll post a separate thread.

noman

Undefined People Music Site
Old 06-18-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananasCentral View Post
Jethro Tull Aqualung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP67qaf1EFo

Be a darn sight more convenient on ONE guitar.
I don't get it. Ian has one, Martin has one, everything seems fine. What is your point?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars