The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-09-2015, 06:39 AM

It will weaken it yes but it will be better then having a cross grain section. I agree with Frank, 5 minute epoxy is pretty much worthless for almost any application. Get the 90 if you can or even stronger stuff. If you lived near the ocean for example then you may find a marina that sells epoxy for boats. That's typically a very long set and strong epoxy. But the 90 minute will do, fact is the 5 minute would probably hold but I would not trust it.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I agree with Frank, 5 minute epoxy is pretty much worthless for almost any application.
I have to agree as well.
My experience has been that it takes at least a couple of minutes to mix it thoroughly enough, and once it's mixed thoroughly enough, it begins to cure, so there's effectively no open time. If you rush and don't mix it thoroughly enough, it never completely cures.
et al

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair