The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM

Default Song book for my phone

Hello everyone I'm trying to find a songbook I can put on my phone. I have about 400 songs for church that I need to be able to put on my phone instead of going through page after page trying to find a particular song, I can get my list ready before service anyone know of anything that might help? Thanks
Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 AM

Default SongBook by LinkSoft

I have been using SongBook by LinkSoft for a while now and really like it. Same deal, I play a lot at church. It will sync between phone, tablet, PC and Mac through a dropbox account.

I mostly use my laptop for editing songs, and then sync to other devices to play from. Its free but after so many days it will start asking you to buy full version. I kept using it for about another month and then paid because it was annoying and I liked the software so felt I should.

Only drawback is, it doesn't have its own song selection. I have to copy and paste from Ultimate Guitar or elsewhere. Then it will copy text only. Chords are there but only recognized as text and won't transpose or anything like that.

I work around this by pasting to

http://ukegeeks.com/songeditor

It converts to chordPro format, and then paste to SongBook. Then SongBook will transpose, edit, and do all kinds of nice stuff once you have chordpro format. I know its a couple extra steps but its the best thing I have found.

I actually like OnSong a lot but it is only available on IOS (I have Android) and I'm not sure about syncing with PC or Mac..

Electrics:
Warmoth Tele

Amps:
Blues Jr.
AC15HW
Old 08-13-2016, 05:56 PM

Thanks will look into it more.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:01 AM

I use Onsong ... similar problems with having to import ultimate guitar tunes through dropbox but has lots of editing options and will backup via dropbox

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write