The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Default Trade/ Asher Custom S for your Acoustic

I am in need of a serious acoustic. I am looking for a High end Martin or Taylor BTO or Presentation model or similar high end acoustic or acoustic electric.

For bait.... I have a Pristine Hand made Bill Asher Custom in highly figured Koa. This is an outstanding collector's piece that looks, sounds and feels amazing! These are museum grade woods, I have tried to pick one out that all of you would love and appreciate.

Specs: One piece swamp ash body with highly figured koa top, 2-piece 1/4 sawn birdseye maple neck,
Madagascar rosewood fretboard, 12" radius, Dunlop #6155 frets, 1 11/16" nut, Fat 50's Very Soft V shape, Ebony faceplate with
pearl logo, gold hardware, abalone and pearl position markers, bone nut, Hipshot locking tuners, Fleetwood humbuckers by Tom Short,
Wilkinson tremolo, CTS pots, master vol, master tone with .033 Orange drop cap, Tonestyler control, Honey Burst finish.

Trade value North of $3500

Old 07-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Can you provide a little detail about the pickups? Their tonal quality, and the tonestyler control instead of normal tone controls?

THis is coming from a Fender Statocaster guy who is used to a 5 way switch. The most advanced I have gone is the Clapton boost circuit.

Your guitar is serious bait. You are chumming the water proper. I have a Taylor BTO Sinker Redwood with Macasser Back and sides that I never thought of parting with. You peaked my interest.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 PM

That is a nice looking guitar! PM sent.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:11 PM

Default bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensncrows View Post
Can you provide a little detail about the pickups? Their tonal quality, and the tonestyler control instead of normal tone controls?

THis is coming from a Fender Statocaster guy who is used to a 5 way switch. The most advanced I have gone is the Clapton boost circuit.

Your guitar is serious bait. You are chumming the water proper. I have a Taylor BTO Sinker Redwood with Macasser Back and sides that I never thought of parting with. You peaked my interest.

Thanks for your questions, The best way to think of the tone styler is like a fine tuner for mids, most tone controls are less than subtle on todays guitars even on some very very nice ones. it'a either on or off with only 1-2 useful tones in the middle. The TS switching allows for almost infinite control over your mids and gives you over a dozen creamy tones in the middle.

Pickups are 6.8K in the neck and 7.9K in the bridge. These are very articulate and smooth PAFs. They are very touch sensitive with that syrupy quality. When digging in to a note you hear it bloom with an almost 3D effect. The neck pickup is clear, without the typical overbearing bass associated with many PAFs, and has a 70s Santana quality to it. The bridge is balanced, not overly bright and has that nice midrange bark associated with a good PAF.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

I have nothing to trade, so I have no agenda other than to tell you that is a gorgeous guitar!! Just beautiful!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 07-24-2014, 05:41 PM

Default bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
I have nothing to trade, so I have no agenda other than to tell you that is a gorgeous guitar!! Just beautiful!
THANKS! Bill is an exceptional builder and a perfectionist his guitars are amazing!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM

Default Take it to the top

Bump o rama
Old 08-05-2014, 11:47 AM

Default bump

bump it up to the top
Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Bump for a beauty!! It's not only beautiful, I'd say it's "Bewitching!"
..... sorry, some of you will get that, others will not ..... but I couldn't resist!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars