The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-21-2015, 11:35 AM

Sat bump for the deal of the decade. If you keep it in perspective.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 AM

Make a deal today, bank wire and ship tomorrow!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:36 AM

Bump for new week. Have 2 offers on eBay that are close enough to sell this guitar...if it were off Ebay. (the now 13% fees kill it)
Old 02-23-2015, 09:44 AM

How is this still here? I just bought a guitar here last week, otherwise this would be enroute to me.
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
How is this still here? I just bought a guitar here last week, otherwise this would be enroute to me.
Thanks man, I really appreciate your reaching out saying that.

I know, right? I have an offer over on eBay for 5200. So close. I pointed the guy over here saying I could do the deal (over here) for 5600!!!!! HELLO!...If you're willing to pay 5200 you're willing to pay 5600. You get what I'm saying.

The guy didn't contact so I went thru the drill and countered it at 6500. You need 6500 to net 5600. That's how ridiculous Ebay is now.

Anyway, maybe he wants the ebay/paypal protection. I said, hey...go read thru several (or all) of my Lowden sales here. You have all the protection you need

Yeah, its a lot of money, but for what it is, it is an incredible price. a DEALER COULDN'T BUT A NEW ONE FOR ANYWHERE NEAR THIS PRICE.

So far, all quiet, but at this price, it will happen.

Who knows, maybe you'll sell something and come back for the killer and LIKE...BRAND...SPANKING...NEW.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:20 AM

Lowering the price to $5500 for a few days. This is just ridiculous people.

After that, I may post a different F35 for sale and keep this one.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 AM

I have to keep bringing this up. Leading the horses to water, but how to make him/her drink?...
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 AM

Default Other F35...

Let us know, what's the other one? For many of us Brazilian is not in the budget!

Though you do have this priced now comparable to standard F35 Lowden if one was to shop new at the guitar store.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
That is awesome Steve.
Some of the best guitars Have ever tried have been BRW Lowdens.

There is a large embarrassing pool of drool on my desk but now I need to clean it up, get my brain settled down, and try to get some work done. That thing is just absolutely killer!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 View Post
Let us know, what's the other one? For many of us Brazilian is not in the budget!

Though you do have this priced now comparable to standard F35 Lowden if one was to shop new at the guitar store.
Exactly. It is priced as if non-Braz and is the current pedigree.

The other one isn't much less. Because its all about what I have in the guitars. The Braz F35 is an amazing, no scratch that, ridiculous deal because its a 2004 and I have 2004 cost in it.

The other I'm considering and I want to stress considering (I was just playing it today and man, I love this guitar too) is an awesome F35X Koa/cedar and I would have to get 4150 for it, which is actually an excellent deal, the guitar is like Brand Spanking New! and the drool factor matches this guitar...it is a 2010 and I have 2010 cost in it, the cost has gone up each year so you see what I'm saying. My 2006 F10 would be $3000 and my 2005 F25 would be $3000. All in mint cond, not a mark, not a fingerprint, killed setups and yes, I play them.

So you can see the Braz/Alpine is quite the deal. Comparing to the F35 Koa $4150 and the stds @3000. And if you think the standards are a bit high @3K, go try to buy a new one and see what you pay. You've got 4 models in the standards totaling 9 guitars in mah/cdr, wal/cdr, rswd/cdr, rswd/sit and they sell very quickly (supply and demand) because of the obvious, they are the least expensive. So w/o cut @5000 list, maybe you can snag one for 4500 give or take. So you can see what I'm saying. The 35 series, there are many more models totaling 30 guitars. And obviously higher list, depending on the combo at least 1200 more. The same F35X Koa like mine is list 6500 so given all, 4150 is pretty darn good. But the Braz...this is a steal-deal @5800. FWIW

Anyway what the heck, I have some pics handy of the F35X Koa:

The cedar top on this guitar is incredible. It sounds like redwood, supercharged with a fat sound and especially full/thick trebles. Just an awesome guitar in all departments and the setup is killed too. Plays super easy smooth as silk.

Last edited by sjgtime; 03-03-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

I've said it before...the re-designed Downpatrick "F" models are second to none. They're just sublime! I just got my Downpatrick F25 this week and will be taking it to the grave. This is a heck of a deal!

2004 John Osthoff AS-C
1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

Old 02-27-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLiver View Post
There is a large embarrassing pool of drool on my desk but now I need to clean it up, get my brain settled down, and try to get some work done. That thing is just absolutely killer!!!!
I just saw this and had to write how hysterical...but also...I'm trying to get that picture out of my head...but to that comment...can I keep you drooling (though, uh, I want to stop thinking about it) with the F35 Koa I posted below?...
Old 02-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpalms View Post
I've said it before...the re-designed Downpatrick "F" models are second to none. They're just sublime! I just got my Downpatrick F25 this week and will be taking it to the grave. This is a heck of a deal!
That is awesome Jeff. Glad you're so happy with that new Lowden.

Yep, the DownPat F's...that's all I'm playing
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgtime View Post
I have to keep bringing this up. Leading the horses to water, but how to make him/her drink?...
Still leading the horses to water...how do I get one to drink-up this incredible deal?...
Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Default The x in F35x

Steve, I've been trying to figure out what the x designates in F35x. Is it a different bracing?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars