The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Default Some Tommy E recordings you may not know about....

My church recently had an opportunity to book an artist at the last minute (almost literally!) and had him there Sunday night. The man's name is Mike Rayson, and he is an Australian that is basically being a missionary to the USA. Great guy, wonderful songwriter and guitar player (plays a Maton, surprise!), is Toyota's voice in Australian commercials, and very good friends with Tommy E. In fact, he is Tommy's chaplain. Tommy plays all over Mike's recordings. I now have Mike's two most recent CDs, and Tommy adds lots of stuff to both of them. One is called The Cloud, and is basically his response to the death of his little boy a few years ago (the boy was kicked in the chest by a horse). The other is called Even So: 1, and is a series of classic hymns and contemporary worship songs, interspersed with liturgical and scripture readings. One track, the classic Softly and Tenderly, features Tommy, and he even sings a verse. It actually almost gave me chills. If you would like to see a different side of Tommy than many of you have probably seen, I recommend Mike's music to you.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:16 AM

Thanks for the information.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell