The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

I've seen that one. Looks pretty scratched up. I opted for new.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:40 PM

AD10 you say? I bought one a few years back. It was hate at first sight. Complicated, frustrating, horrible display etc… Promptly sold it. Insert the usual “YMMV” here.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

We’ll we’ll see. I actually have a ToneDeq. I bought that some time ago. I tried it but I wasn’t too impressed. But I brought it out a couple days ago along with other single pedals I have and ran through them all. Decided the ToneDeq gives me a very nice sound using a little delay and some EQ. I played it out on Friday and liked it. So when the AD-10 shows up I’ll do another comparison and decide which to keep and which to sell.

They both have a battery option which is nice for quick setups at open mics.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Well, what do you know. The Japanese outlet I ordered an AD-10 from just cancelled the order because they are out of stock. So, it appears there are no new units available there as well as in the US.

I'll have to ponder. For the short term the ToneDeq seems to be working well (giving me most of what I'm looking for). I play that out a handful of more times and that just might do the trick for me.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:45 AM

Default ToneDEQ

I use the ToneDEQ & really like it. The only unit I would consider over it is the T-Rex Soulmate but it is way more $s than I want to spend at the moment. I spec'd out the AD-10 before I got my ToneDEQ & thought it was more complex than I needed. I love the simplicity of the ToneDEQ. I also love the sound quality from it, as well. I don't need a tuner/mute (I use a Polytune3) or loop so the extra $s for the AD-10 didn't make sense for me either.

I say "Keep the ToneDEQ!" :-)

Frank
Old 09-06-2022, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

I just did an open mic on a nice stage with a great sound system. The ToneDEQ does a wonderful job of giving me a light delay and a nice bass boost with the EQ. Hard to beat for simplicity and versatility. Might have to just stay with that.

Last edited by Marshall; 09-07-2022 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Default Thomann!!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/t_rex_s...e_acoustic.htm
Old 09-07-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdamato View Post
WOW! That's a great price!
Old 09-08-2022, 12:34 PM

That is a great price on the T-Rex. I had one for a short time and thought it was a great pedal, but there was one show-stopper for me that may not be a big deal for others. The looper pedals are positioned on the top row which made it challenging for me to hit in a live situation which I do often. I wish they'd made it programable to allow the lower row to be assigned to that function! It's a really well built great sounding pedal!!

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 09-08-2022, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
The looper pedals are positioned on the top row which made it challenging for me to hit in a live situation which I do often.
I've had a similar problem with a few pieces of gear, starting with a bluetooth page turner I use for charts. I found the easy way to deal with this was to 3d print some button tops that press onto those buttons and raise their height by 4 - 12 mm, and increase their diameter by a similar amount. I ended up printing button for a few pedals for others too, since they had similar problems with stomp buttons being too close together -

but you're right - It's a fantastic piece of gear!
Old 09-08-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
I've had a similar problem with a few pieces of gear, starting with a bluetooth page turner I use for charts. I found the easy way to deal with this was to 3d print some button tops that press onto those buttons and raise their height by 4 - 12 mm, and increase their diameter by a similar amount. I ended up printing button for a few pedals for others too, since they had similar problems with stomp buttons being too close together -

but you're right - It's a fantastic piece of gear!
When I loop live, I like to able to trigger the stop and start easily without having to focus too much on hitting it. So even with button tops (I tried that) it was still too risky having to hover my foot in the air vs just naturally tapping it. You have to be precise with a looper or you're in big trouble! ha

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 09-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
You have to be precise with a looper or you're in big trouble! ha
That's "precisely" why I never use a looper live - I'm not that good hitting the buttons exactly right every time!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification