The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-01-2016, 08:23 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - July

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 07-01-2016, 12:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Sexauer Guitars

I cut and pasted this from the June thread as I put the post in just days before the end of the month.

I have three guitars hanging in Stevie Coyle's shop, Mighty Fine Guitars. They're all Brazilian Rosewood and they're all about the same price, something near $11K. I'll briefly describe them here, but each has a page on my site linked to the serial number.

The oldest is a Dread, made in 2010, and is
. I am not best known for my dreads, but I have made 7, I think, and this is the last one sat this point. Straight grained quarter sawn BRW and Adi.

Then there is a 000 sized 13 fretter with a 1 13/16 nut. This guitar exceeds expectations for most (all so far, but I am attempting modesty) reviewers, and it is amazing to me that I still own it. It is #2150112.

Finally, my favorite of these, an FT-0-JB/2 #2290313. This guitar does not merely exceed expectations, it is a true Napoleon in that it does not know it is a small guitar. It is also somewhat more modern that the other two as it has a soundport and mild MultiScale, while still cleaving to vintage aesthetics.

This picture of the back speaks to the quality of the wood, at least for those who understand the language:
Old 07-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
I cut and pasted this from the June thread as I put the post in just days before the end of the month.

I have three guitars hanging in Stevie Coyle's shop, Mighty Fine Guitars. They're all Brazilian Rosewood and they're all about the same price, something near $11K. I'll briefly describe them here, but each has a page on my site linked to the serial number.

The oldest is a Dread, made in 2010, and is
. I am not best known for my dreads, but I have made 7, I think, and this is the last one sat this point. Straight grained quarter sawn BRW and Adi.

Then there is a 000 sized 13 fretter with a 1 13/16 nut. This guitar exceeds expectations for most (all so far, but I am attempting modesty) reviewers, and it is amazing to me that I still own it. It is #2150112.

Finally, my favorite of these, an FT-0-JB/2 #2290313. This guitar does not merely exceed expectations, it is a true Napoleon in that it does not know it is a small guitar. It is also somewhat more modern that the other two as it has a soundport and mild MultiScale, while still cleaving to vintage aesthetics.

This picture of the back speaks to the quality of the wood, at least for those who understand the language:
Wow! That FT-0-JB/2 looks gorgeous. I have been thinking about making a trip to Mighty Fine and a chance to play this beauty sure ups the chance of my making the trip.

Best,
Jayne
Old 07-01-2016, 02:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

Love to hear about it when you do, Jayne. Chances of a negative review seem vanishingly small to me, so I'll take my chances. Visiting Stevie's shop is an intimate experience, not unlike visiting Schoenberg's but with the emphasis on current work rather than vintage.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Tony Vines Guitars offering

I am pleased to offer a new model "SL" that was recently featured on a build thread here on the AGF. More info can be found on my available guitars page on my website.
The build thread can be seen here.

www.vinesguitars.com
Old 07-25-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Big Hollow Double O available through Matt at Southern Strings

I sent this guitar off today.
Specs:
24.9" scale
1-3/4" nut
2-5/16" spread
12 fret neck
Adirondack Top
Honduran Rosewood sides and back
Oil Varnish finish
Satin neck
Old 07-25-2016, 06:01 PM

It now has a tortoloid pickguard

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop