The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-24-2017, 12:25 PM

There's an X7 with 510s on reverb https://reverb.com/item/6075219-emer...pus-2015-amber
If I didn't have one coming I'd be negotiating the shipping on it.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Here's the black X20...

Yes I like that idea. Looks great!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Walk in Song View Post
There's an X7 with 510s on reverb https://reverb.com/item/6075219-emer...pus-2015-amber
If I didn't have one coming I'd be negotiating the shipping on it.
I had to look in case it was in UK !

I see it's actually in KY , I guess they figgered it warn't from around them parts and they're running it outta town!

It do look nice
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
IF I were customising, I might have all gloss apart from the knee contact area on lower side, keep that nice n grippy .
It is easy enough to do the "grippy" thing with traction tape, as used on the decks or ladders of boats. I wouldn't go custom just for that. Another option is the fabric / fuzzy side of Velcro. That is the only way that Ovation guitars can work for me (round backs and round bellies don't mix well).
Old 07-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

Jon is a pretty smart fella, and may be a pretty fella too, I don't know. I think he wanted an X20 all along and this is just part of his master plan.
Hope it all works out for ya Jon....waiting on pictures.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:22 PM

Is there no concern that a different weave pattern would change the tone of the guitar.

For that matter what does laminating a piece of wood on to the carbon fiber do to change the characteristics of the soundboard?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunote View Post
For that matter what does laminating a piece of wood on to the carbon fiber do to change the characteristics of the soundboard?
That's been discussed here in the past few months and I believe the most likely answer is that it changes the tone but not enough that it's at all noticeable to anyone. Then again, every difference changes the tone though carbon fiber guitars are considered more consistent than their wooden brethren. That's not the question to ask. The question to ask is do you like the tone of the guitar in your hands? Your needs/hearing changes and guitar's age and newer model manufacturing specifications change too, so this question/answer combo is a moving target.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber