The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-25-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes spot on except for the last sentence being erroneous . Enjoy your new guitar
No, I assure you people say silly stuff like that. Can you imagine?

Not saying folks aren't entitled to their opinion. I just don't see the need to bring it up in a NGD thread. And it's probably a symptom of me spending too much time on guitar forums that the "I don't get relicing" comments are getting old.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRed View Post
I've seen one already with a black pick guard and I will definitely at some point get one to switch back and forth.
Nice! Thanks for the pics; I'd been wondering about the neck finish. Love that type of neck profile, must feel great.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:36 PM

It's the first fat neck I've really played but I'm really liking it. A bit sticky after you play it but hopefully that will cure out.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_M View Post
No, I assure you people say silly stuff like that. Can you imagine?

Not saying folks aren't entitled to their opinion. I just don't see the need to bring it up in a NGD thread. And it's probably a symptom of me spending too much time on guitar forums that the "I don't get relicing" comments are getting old.
Yes obviously I can "imagine" people say things like that, since I stated "I think that condition has to be earned , but that's just me"

That people say those things is not what was erroneous, the "erroneous" was the rhetorical question "I wonder if folks think they're treading new territory"
No they don't think that, they don't care if it has been said before.

Not ot mention this is a guitar forum, where "opinion" is a prevalent if not the predominant form of expression and communication.

"Not saying folks aren't entitled to their opinion." If that;s true , then they are also entitled to express it . Just like you are entitled to your opinion of " Not seeing the need to bring it up in NGD thread " which is nothing more than an opinion and yet you felt the need to express it, along with the rest of your opinions. And it's too bad if you think such statements are getting old (another opinion). The point being everybody is entitled to express their opinions, not just you.
And my opinion is the affectation of "worn" is just that an "affectation" and someone stating they don't care for the affectation of "relic", is not near as "silly" as the concept itself.
But the most important point is if the OP likes the relic look, then the opinions of others have no bearing or effect on their sense of aesthetic's, which is totally subjective and not subject to the opinions of others.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 07-26-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:21 PM

Two of my daughters are big Paisley fans, and they always see me bringing in and out new guitars. So my 16 y/o brought me a video of this one and asked me to buy one. I said I would, but it's kind of ugly. They said it doesn't matter, "you'll love it in time" I said: "He's our neighbor, (lives about 80 miles away). If we can contact him, get a mini lesson and/or his autograph on the Paisley tele, I will get one" So we're trying to contact him. Can't think of any guitarist (electric) I'd rather get a lesson from.....I'll keep you posted.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars