The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-21-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Welcome aboard - great first post! That X7 is striking - nice to hear it went to a new to CF owner. Feel free to post your impressions on it... well, mostly I just want to see more photos of it.

Congrats!
Will do lads. This wee dark beauty has beguiled me like nothing before. Her looks and curves catch your eye and when she lilts and sings, sure she takes me to a very special place, but then she is special..and like my beautiful wife, she is Irish...what else would you expect.
Takamine Thinline 1989
Yamaha APX-4-12 string

Last edited by 9TS; 07-21-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TS View Post
she is special..and like my beautiful wife, she is Irish...what else would you expect.
Fantastic! Congratulations on your new X7!
I've never touched one but I'm looking forward to it...
Old 07-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Default X20 Opus with Element Active System (VTC)

I have an x20 Opus with the Element Active System (the $175 option). I received it from Emerald earlier this year.

I love the guitar itself but have issues with a defective pickup system. I've been working with Emerald and LR Baggs to get this problem rectified. LR Baggs sent me a new pickup system under warranty and I'm waiting for a response from Emerald as to how I can replace the system on my own. Getting to the inside of the guitar through the sound hole down to where the jack is installed, to remove and replace the hardware properly, is challenging for me to say the least.

The worst that will happen is that I'll find a guitar tech around me to replace the system. Things like this happen.

So my point is that it sounds fine from what I remember, but "after sale" support is more complicated on a guitar with this system with no local vendor.

Btw any suggestions for a good tech in the South Florida (West Palm Beach) area?
Old 07-23-2017, 07:23 PM

I have an Artisan with the Element and gig with it full time. Its the best pickup for the guitar with great response, great tone, good for no feedback and out or sight with controls in the offset soundhole. Love it. Had the Lyric in one a few years ago and the Element beats it totally.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 07-24-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TS View Post
Will do lads. This wee dark beauty has beguiled me like nothing before. Her looks and curves catch your eye and when she lilts and sings, sure she takes me to a very special place, but then she is special..and like my beautiful wife, she is Irish...what else would you expect.
Welcome to the board mate !

I have been reading this thread and am now really gutted that I parted with MY X7 in a moment of madness .....

Gonna start my own thread now, share my misery .....
Old 07-24-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
I have an Artisan with the Element and gig with it full time. Its the best pickup for the guitar with great response, great tone, good for no feedback and out or sight with controls in the offset soundhole. Love it. Had the Lyric in one a few years ago and the Element beats it totally.
Apparently the Element is a great system. Thanks hotroad!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber