The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 02-26-2015, 03:31 PM

Default Intro to Contemporary Fingerstyle Guitar Class with Teja Gerken in Berkeley, CA

Hi All,

I'll be teaching another session of my "Intro to Contemporary Fingerstyle Guitar" class at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley. It's going to be a six-week session that meets on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30, starting on March 12th. These are always a lot of fun, and the pricing is very affordable.

Here's a bit of info:

In this course, participants will be introduced to contemporary fingerstyle guitar techniques in the styles of players such as Andy McKee, Michael Hedges, Pierre Bensusan, Alex de Grassi, etc.
Taught by long-time Bay Area fingerstyle guitarist Teja Gerken, the class will include instruction on basic picking-hand techniques, alternate tunings, “extended” techniques such as two-handed tapping and harmonic slaps, and an introduction to a few tunes that demonstrate these techniques.
Participants should have some knowledge of basic fingerpicking or classical guitar techniques and be familiar with guitar tablature.
Teja has studied and performed with many of today’s top fingerstyle guitarists. A Freight & Salvage regular, he also hosts acoustic guitar showcases throughout the Bay Area. Teja is one of the founders of Peghead Nation, a new online video learning website for roots music instruments. He was an editor at Acoustic Guitar magazine from 1997 to 2013, and he has also written for Guitar Player, Premier Guitar, Ukulele, and other magazines. His two solo guitar CD’s, On My Way and Postcards, have received international acclaim. For more info, check out www.tejagerken.com and www.youtube.com/tejaguitar.

Direct link to the Freight & Salvage's course page:

http://freightandsalvage.org/intro-c...ar-teja-gerken

Thanks,
Teja Gerken

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases