The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-29-2005, 11:56 AM
More guitars than talent

After talking to my guitar tech buddy, we might put my American pickups in my mexican strat and get some Lindy Fralin Blues pickups for the American Strat.

Decisions, decisions.....

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 12-29-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlenut
It's not the noise, they just sound muddy on high gain through my Traynor YCV80 tube amp. I'm probably downsizing to a Peavey Classic 30. I play Christian Rock/P&W with some blues thrown in.

The cleans I'm happy with. I just want better high gain.
First off, the Peavey is a great little amp, best bang for the buck out there. I recommend the Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots, don't let the Hot fool you, they are vintage sounding pups. I also recommend getting a Deaf Eddie switch. It takes the place of a tone control pot and let you get different sound that you can't get with a ordinary Strat, the neck and bridge are great together.

http://deaf-eddie.net

http://www.fralinpickups.com/stratstyleVH.asp

2004 Taylor 714CE
2000 Fender '52 RI Telecaster -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars