The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-25-2016, 09:43 AM

Default PSA: Amazon Christmas Day stealth sale - Godin CW II

https://www.amazon.com/Godin-5th-Ave...ds=godin+cw+ii

If you're a rockabilly/roots, early soul/R&B, first-wave Brit Invasion, blues, or jazz player with a nice tube amp or two, you need one of these...
Old 12-25-2016, 10:13 AM

If I hadn't gotten the Epiphone 175 premium when Musician's friend mispriced (?) them, I'd be all over this.

One thing to consider is this DOES comes with a foam case. Most similar products (epiphone, gretsch, etc.) do not come with even a gig bag.

Quite the bargain.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
...Quite the bargain.
Got mine from a similar Amazon Christmas Day stealth sale a few years ago; has that early-50s ES-175 visual/tonal vibe but more lively like an old Brooklyn Gretsch, thanks to the lightweight woods (probably about half the thickness of a typical all-lam archtop - mine tips the scales at just a hair over five pounds) used in its construction, sounds fabulous with flatwound 13's, and factory setup/QC is good enough that I've needed no adjustment whatsoever even with the heavier strings - you could literally gig this one right out of the box. FWIW I understand Tony Bennett's guitarist is using one of these - and I'd tend to think that both of them know a little something about tone...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars