The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hilyard View Post
Gil,

I'll take a stab and tell you it means "Praise and Worship Band." I hadn't heard the term myself, before joining this forum. It seems many members here play in church, supporting the musical aspect of the services. Sometimes the lingo is a challenge.

Shalom.

(Off topic to Gil: I passed Neil Young two days ago in La Selva Beach. He was going the other way at a stop sign. What a surprise that was. Told my sons "That was Neil Young." They said "Who's that?" Go figure.)
Not to take away from my friend Adam's thread (but I think he'd be interested too) how did you recognize him and what car was he driving? Was it the Linc -Volt? or another old car?
And BTW, the Crosby Stills Nash & Young movie Deja Vu is scheduled to be at the Nickelodeon in Santa Cruz on July 25th. I'll be driving over the hill for that one. Doesn't look like it's coming to san Jose! You should go see what all the fuss is about!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 PM

Well, 6 hours later, we got 5 songs done and 7 more to go over the weekend. This is more fun than I should be allowed, can't imagine how great it would be if I were getting paid for it!!

Will post more thoughts on the subject later, and of course might post one on my website when the CD is out for y'all to listen to...

Only had one problem, we did everything in 4/4 then went to eat, then came back and did a slow one in 6/8.. i could NOT get the feel, I was either ahead or behind and all over the place. Took about 4 takes and I finally settled in, but sure harshed my mellow... besides that, good times!!

http://www.youtube.com/ayavner

2006 Martin OMC Aura (Laurelin)
1998 Martin HD-28 (Telperion)
Epiphone WildKat w p90s and Bigsby!
1997 Rickenbacker 360/12V64

Dearly Departed:
1981 Yamaha FG 335
Alvarez AJ60SC12
Regal RD35 Roundneck dobro
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayavner View Post
Well, 6 hours later, we got 5 songs done and 7 more to go over the weekend. This is more fun than I should be allowed, can't imagine how great it would be if I were getting paid for it!!

Will post more thoughts on the subject later, and of course might post one on my website when the CD is out for y'all to listen to...

Only had one problem, we did everything in 4/4 then went to eat, then came back and did a slow one in 6/8.. i could NOT get the feel, I was either ahead or behind and all over the place. Took about 4 takes and I finally settled in, but sure harshed my mellow... besides that, good times!!
5 songs in 6 hours is record breaking pace. Well done and glad to hear you're having fun.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 PM

It was alot of fun!!

Well, I should have been more specific.. When I said "done" I just meant my part. We laid down basic tracks - drums, bass, guitars, keyboard along wtih a scratch vocal.

Afterwards, to be determined, they will bring in the vocalists, horns, any other percussion, etc.

Honestly, they will probably bury my lil ol acoustic so far in the mix, only I will know I am there (pastors wife plays the keys, if you get my drift...) BUT, its all good and the experience has made me hungry for more.

http://www.youtube.com/ayavner

2006 Martin OMC Aura (Laurelin)
1998 Martin HD-28 (Telperion)
Epiphone WildKat w p90s and Bigsby!
1997 Rickenbacker 360/12V64

Dearly Departed:
1981 Yamaha FG 335
Alvarez AJ60SC12
Regal RD35 Roundneck dobro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell