The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicguy View Post
Just an FYI:

"Movin' On" by Mark Thompson (markt) on the new AGF CD Volume 1 was recorded on a Zoom H4.

The quality is quite good. Pick up a Forum CD to hear it!

Yeah, a shameless plug for the CD to support the forum!
I haven't recieved my CD yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares with the big boys.

Anyone else with an H4 or H2 shouldn't have any qualms about submitting for the next one, if I can do it so can you!

My Music

Solway Sunset - Free Album Download

Last edited by Forensicguy; 07-24-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: I had a typo on my quote, so I had to fix it!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt View Post
I haven't recieved my CD yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares with the big boys.

Anyone else with an H4 or H2 shouldn't have any qualms about submitting for the next one, if I can do it so can you!
Wow, I thought your cut sounded fine! Never would have guessed it was done on a portable rig. Technology is amazing...consider what quality you can get out of a little box now. And it doesn't even contribute to global warming.

Doerr Artist custom Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F10C Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F35C Sinker/Tasmanian blackwood
Paragon MJ Sitka/Maple
Paragon MJ custom Carpathian/Malaysian blackwood
Brunner custom travel guitar

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage

Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpicker View Post
Wow, I thought your cut sounded fine! Never would have guessed it was done on a portable rig. Technology is amazing...consider what quality you can get out of a little box now. And it doesn't even contribute to global warming.
Thanks Edward, looking forward to hearing for myself, though I'm sure Forensicguy will have done some magic on it too.

Its a great state of affairs, as it means some one as recording technology challenged as me has very little to worry about, in terms of technicalities, and the financial investment is relatively low compared to end product.

Probably the best purchase I've made in a long time.

My Music

Solway Sunset - Free Album Download

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell