The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
It might be the local guys in your area. They do ring here. Sometimes.

As far as the news giving stories about stolen packages... that just gives kids ideas. There’s a few scumbags that follow the trucks, etc. but I suspect most of it is kids (like I was) seeing a truck pull off and thinking about what they saw on the news...

Only once had I anything delivered stolen. It was just before Christmas. And the thieves feet print were all over the snow. Their efforts got them a couple of wheel chair batteries.

I’ll be they were disappointed.

Last year on Black Friday I went for a walk in my neighborhood and noticed a slow moving vehicle with a man and woman driving up and down every street, every cul de sac. They’d stop in the middle of the street, back up, make u-turns. I’d never seen them before. I’m sure they were casing front porches for deliveries.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgagnon View Post
Brings to mind what a friend of mine did many years ago. He had a bird hunting dog that he didn't want his elderly mother to call or give orders to so he named him Prick.
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of another "dog name" story: a girl I dated YEARS ago had a Schnauzer named "Gorgeous." Her dad was out on the back porch calling Gorgeous: "Here, Gorgeous! HERE, GORGEOUS!!!" The next door neighbor came out and said "I think I saw her drive away about 15 minutes ago," LOL!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic