The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-26-2023, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

I hope the OP finds the perfect CF guitar for him.

Last edited by jdinco; 02-26-2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I hope the OP finds the perfect CF guitar for him.
Thanks… it might be the touring but I need to get my hands on one. Curious, is the neck on the Sable the same as the touring?

Last edited by Newbflat; 02-26-2023 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbflat View Post
Thanks… it might be the touring but I need to get my babes on one. Curious, is the neck on the Sable the same as the touring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbflat View Post
Thanks… it might be the touring but I need to get my babes on one. Curious, is the neck on the Sable the same as the touring?

It’s been a couple years since I played them back to back, but yes, I recall them being the same. The differences in scale was notable though with just under 3” between them. If given the choice between the Touring and GS Mini (similar scale), and $$$ were no object, I’d own a Touring. The extra space at the nut and all...

Good luck in your decision!
Old 02-26-2023, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
It’s been a couple years since I played them back to back, but yes, I recall them being the same. The differences in scale was notable though with just under 3” between them. If given the choice between the Touring and GS Mini (similar scale), and $$$ were no object, I’d own a Touring. The extra space at the nut and all...

Good luck in your decision!
Thanks, I definitely need the touring or equivalent. It will be my travel, camper, rafting and if needed… spare paddle. I don’t think the GS mini would survive.
I have a Rainsong OM1000 and I will be selling that after I find its replacement. It’s just a bit too big for the camper (inside) and I need something smaller for rafting as well…. Plus it will likely be my couch guitar.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
The McPherson neck is my favorite, you may want to talk to Ted at LA Guitars, he can answer a lot of questions and has a 3 day return policy (I think it is) great to deal with too.
I'll second this. They were extremely helpful and patient as I tried many guitars on a visit there several years ago. Equally helpful and easy to deal with when I called and placed an order a bit later. Can't wait to go for a visit again soon when I visit my son in L.A.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber