The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 AM

Toad,
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see you here. I started playing professionally at 16, so kudos to you. I was similar to you in my passion and went on to persue music in various forms. I'm now 48, and still playing professionally.

Please take it from someone who has been there, and shares your passion for music (especially Springsteen)....don't look down at college. Believe it or not, your mom is right (don't you hate that?). I'm thankful that I went to college and maintained worthwhile day jobs while I was working at music (and work I did, believe me...concerts, the road, recording, etc). A lot of my old buddies, many with record deals back in the day, are now washed up with no career and have nothing to fall back on. Thankfully, I didn't make the same mistake of putting all my eggs into the music basket, and now live a comfortable life as a result. I never gave up on music, I just took care of business as well. College = good. Music = good. It's all good if you are wise about working it the business of life and art.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM

The term "emo" is used much to often out of context, haha. But im into lots of the new music as weird as that sounds. i can listen to neil young, and then underoath or alexisonfire on the same cd, i find it odd.

Mike
Old 09-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Have you looked into a music major in college? You could get your college degree and a good formal music education and make contacts all at the same time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell