The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 AM

Default recording

hey guys;i have a new ultrasound amp and i'd like to recor me and guitar and layer my banjo and mandolin .what's EASY{key word here] and sounds good? thanks![i'm trying not to use anything with my computer ;as the kids take over ,i can't get near it anymore.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:42 AM

alot of folks like the zoom h-4 and i have heard some great things from them. here's a link and a good price on a used one...http://www.audiolines.com/Zoom-H4-Ha...r-p-17737.html

but, frankly....i'd invest in a "personal" laptop that the kids can't get ahold of..
Old 01-18-2008, 11:36 AM

roland and tascam make a bunch of stand-alone all-in-one recording devices that are good quality and inexpensive. i used them for years before graduating to a laptop with protools. and if you're layering different instruments you might enjoy the flexibility of the roland and tascam units (they come with eq, compression and effects built right into them).

best of luck with whatever you decide on.

bill

"Accept your lot, whatever it may be, in ultimate humbleness. Accept in humbleness what you are, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge."
Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 PM

You could go out on ebay and find a good used 10-12 channel workstation for the price of a H-4. A Korg D12 might fetch $200-$300 and give you a ton of options and usability. You can add an internal CD burner or buy an external and you're good to go. I've had mine for nearly 4 years and it does everythign I want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-D12-D-12-Mu...QQcmdZViewItem

Nelson

2002 514ce
2003 414ce Ltd
2014 150e
2010 Fender Strat
2017 Les Paul Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification