The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-13-2008, 02:45 PM

Default ZenDrive Pedal

A guy at work gave me a Hermida ZenDrive on Friday. Wow - what a great pedal! The best non-fuzzy distortion I've ever been able to get on my rig. I'm really sold on this pedal - it definitely has a permanent place on my pedal board.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:27 PM

Default Congrats!

You lucky devil!
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 815C View Post
A guy at work gave me a Hermida ZenDrive on Friday. Wow - what a great pedal! The best non-fuzzy distortion I've ever been able to get on my rig. I'm really sold on this pedal - it definitely has a permanent place on my pedal board.
Yep. I'm getting one too. It's supposedly the best Dumble emulator on the market and great for Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, etc. type tones. Are you using it with single coils or humbuckers? What amp do you play throigh? Lew
Old 01-13-2008, 03:48 PM

wow... gave you one! that's quite a nice gift!
Japanese Ephiphone Thunderbird > yorkville xm50
Old 01-13-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
Yep. I'm getting one too. It's supposedly the best Dumble emulator on the market and great for Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, etc. type tones. Are you using it with single coils or humbuckers? What amp do you play throigh? Lew
I got a ZenDrive a couple years back...I think you will like it as it is very nice for the Ford/Carlton thing. I prefer it with humbuckers (esp. my 335), although it seems to do just fine with Teles...for my Strat though, I prefer other pedals. I think the Zen does best through a clean Fender-type amp or a class A amp on the verge of breakup. It is very dynamic for a pedal...responds well to nuances in your picking technique.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
Are you using it with single coils or humbuckers? What amp do you play throigh? Lew
I've been playing through a modified G&L Legacy Special (that has had the bridge PUP replaced with a Seymour Duncan JB4 humbucker) into a Mesa DC3 (also modified). It sounds awesome with this rig. I tried it on a '68 Bassman head and it didn't sound as great - still good, but just not the jaw dropping WOW tone I got on the other amp.

Quote:
wow... gave you one! that's quite a nice gift!
I agree. I was blown away.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification