The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Default Sound system is here!!

Well, after many hours of deliberation and study of countless AGF threads on the subject, I decided to go with a small PA system for using at church(lack of house system) and for gigging at coffee houses. I bought a Tapco Thump TH-15A(powered speaker), a mildly used Yamaha MG16/4 mixer and got a Shure Beta 58A for my bday. I got the last piece delivered yesterday, the speaker, and picked up my cables during lunch today. In total, I got everything for about for less than $600 shipped. I guess tonight will begin the long road to learning how to use and maximize the best setup that I could afford. I am very anxious, but also very nervous to see how it all works out and what kind of sound I can get. Hopefully it'll be a good experience and I can write a positive review. I also hope this confirms that I went the correct direction in the acoustic amp vs. small PA battle.

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Rainsong H-DR1100N2 FS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...45#post7101945
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800
Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 AM

Sounds like a great set-up. Let us know how it went.

vtg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification