The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2020, 11:29 PM
Charter Member

Default New Bose L1 Pro8 Demo - Acoustic Rhythm/Tele Solo

New Bose L1 Pro8 Demo - Acoustic Rhythm/Tele Solo

I recorded a Rhythm Loop with my Martin DC-18e through an Electro Harmonix Stereo 720 looper. Then I solo'd over the loop with a Fender Custom Shop 63 Tele, bridge PU (Voodoo TE-60). Tele was into the Pedal board using; Nuenaber Seraphim Shimmer for Reverb *(Reverb was off), Baggs Align Session (Just a touch of compression). All playback straight through the Bose L1 Pro 8.

I haven't used any overdrive on the tele. I'm not sure that would sound good. But its fairly credible clean. I could potentially bring my Tele without a separate amp or electric guitar pedal board.

PS: Props and credit for the inspiration of this version of "Turn the Page" goes to my AGF friend Noledog (*Eric Alabiso) I stole it and embellished with my own spin. Thanks BroHemian Bro-tato chip!

Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-06-2020, 05:06 AM
Charter Member

Very nice!
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 12-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Great sound - outstanding playing!
Old 12-06-2020, 09:43 AM

Thanks for posting - I really enjoyed the tune and playing.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Yo, yo, yo ya'll,

* So I touched base with my broham Gary in suggesting a dual thread of our Turn The Page renditions as he told me he was inspired to do an instrumental rendition that I knew would be massively cool cuz Gary is a gifted playa. well he already started one so....

** Gro-bro asked me to add mine to this thread... I was just wanting to see how my new iPhone 11 Pro would record at a show, so I just set it on my music stand and hit record. No special placement or anything, only so I can hit record. The stage lighting shifts as the song progresses so video quality changes too. The audio quality reduces as I suspected when uploading to YouTube, but with earbudz it still comes through pretty good imo.

*** This was recorded live at the indoor stage at the Sandbar in Amelia Island on 12-3-20 with my iPhone 11 Pro. I used my e945 mic for vocals and my well-worn Takamine P3NC acoustic guitar with Darco Medium 80/20 strings; both are directly amplified thru my Fishman Loudbox Performer without any pedals or further enhancements. There is no reverb, only a little delay from the Fishman's onboard delay. There is nothing else added.

**** Mucho thanks to my bromeo Gary for his kind words and letting me add this to his thread and his stellar rendition of the Bob Seger classic!

Enjoy in HD 1080p with earbudz & thanks for listening!!

eric
Old 12-06-2020, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Eric, Excellent Performance! Great vocal and your Takamine sounds full, clear, and resonant!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 12-06-2020, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Gary, Beautiful Martin/Tele/Looping instrumental performance, and your Bose L1 Pro 8 sounds really full and clear! Thanks, I Enjoyed That!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 12-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Noledog (Eric) your talent is always inspiring. So thank YOU for sharing your awesome rendition. Your performance was the inspiration for the instrumental rendition I recorded and shared. It is a privilege to connect and share mutually. Thank you for the inspiration. Your groove and timing in the recording you shared was impeccable and I can hear the "band" kicking in at a certain point of your arrangement.

I would LOVE to share the stage and jam with you one day. When all this COVID dust settles, that is on my bucket list for sure.
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Noledog (Eric) your talent is always inspiring. So thank YOU for sharing your awesome rendition. Your performance was the inspiration for the instrumental rendition I recorded and shared. It is a privilege to connect and share mutually. Thank you for the inspiration. Your groove and timing in the recording you shared was impeccable and I can hear the "band" kicking in at a certain point of your arrangement.

I would LOVE to share the stage and jam with you one day. When all this COVID dust settles, that is on my bucket list for sure.
* Thank you so much Gary! Your rendition is very tasty and that Tele is saaaweeeet!! I really dig a nice Tele goin thru a vintage sounding amp, but dude that Bose is killer. I’ve yet to try that model... It would be so cool if you ever got over this way for a visit and jam. I’ve thought about it many times. This area of Florida is really nice and a music meca full of great venues around the waterways. So lets make it happen sometime!

** Thank you Sprucetop for chiming in so kindly, it’s always nice to hear from you buddy!
Old 12-06-2020, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
* Thank you so much Gary! Your rendition is very tasty and that Tele is saaaweeeet!! I really dig a nice Tele goin thru a vintage sounding amp, but dude that Bose is killer. I’ve yet to try that model... It would be so cool if you ever got over this way for a visit and jam. I’ve thought about it many times. This area of Florida is really nice and a music meca full of great venues around the waterways. So lets make it happen sometime!

** Thank you Sprucetop for chiming in so kindly, it’s always nice to hear from you buddy!
I could have have played the Tele through my Fender Deluxe reverb handwired and it would have had tons more classic twang and spank, but I wanted to try it through the Bose and I thought the sound and the voice was super musical and usable. This Tele is one of the best I've ever heard or played personally. It did sound different thru the Bose, but it is absolutely usable and credible ...without having to lug around a separate tube amp and electric guitar pedal board. Kinda cool.

But rather than geeking out, I LOVED your version and it took the song down an ethereal haunting road. Remember gigging and traveling? Classic lyrics. Love the tune and again, Mad Props for your inspiring rendition.
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-07-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Yo, yo, yo ya'll,

* So I touched base with my broham Gary in suggesting a dual thread of our Turn The Page renditions as he told me he was inspired to do an instrumental rendition that I knew would be massively cool cuz Gary is a gifted playa. well he already started one so....

** Gro-bro asked me to add mine to this thread... I was just wanting to see how my new iPhone 11 Pro would record at a show, so I just set it on my music stand and hit record. No special placement or anything, only so I can hit record. The stage lighting shifts as the song progresses so video quality changes too. The audio quality reduces as I suspected when uploading to YouTube, but with earbudz it still comes through pretty good imo.

*** This was recorded live at the indoor stage at the Sandbar in Amelia Island on 12-3-20 with my iPhone 11 Pro. I used my e945 mic for vocals and my well-worn Takamine P3NC acoustic guitar with Darco Medium 80/20 strings; both are directly amplified thru my Fishman Loudbox Performer without any pedals or further enhancements. There is no reverb, only a little delay from the Fishman's onboard delay. There is nothing else added.

**** Mucho thanks to my bromeo Gary for his kind words and letting me add this to his thread and his stellar rendition of the Bob Seger classic!

Enjoy in HD 1080p with earbudz & thanks for listening!!

eric
Great job Eric. You took one piece of gear (loud box performer) and mastered it! I too often jump around with different pieces of gear to try and get the sounds I want. You took one simple tool and stuck with it. Impressive guitar and vocals and a great version of that song. Thanks for sharing.

Both you guys are an inspiration. Enjoying listening to these.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Great job Eric. You took one piece of gear (loud box performer) and mastered it! I too often jump around with different pieces of gear to try and get the sounds I want. You took one simple tool and stuck with it. Impressive guitar and vocals and a great version of that song. Thanks for sharing.

Both you guys are an inspiration. Enjoying listening to these.
Thank you much Marty for the kind comments! ...the Tak Pro Series 3 and Loudbox Artist & Performer have been my staples over the years and have proved to be a good working combo for what I do as a full-time musician. I like simple, as I prefer not to have a lot of stuff in the signal path from fingers to amp, but that's just me LOL! This I believe allows more direct dynamics and nuances to be felt while playing in a give-take relationship with the guitar and that translates better as well to what the audience hears from my technique. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again,

eric
Old 12-07-2020, 09:30 AM

GRoberts and Noledog,
Maybe there should be a thread of all our individual renditions of "Turn the Page". Thanks to both of you for sharing. I think it shows how creative we all have to be when doing solo work and the great musicianship it requires for us to distinguish ourselves.

I often play my Tele/PRS Archtop/PRS CE22 and others, including. my Taylors of course and T5 through my BOSE S1s. I can get a great usable sound that works really well and keeps me from dragging amps around. That being said, I have come to love the Fender Pro Jr. and most surprisingly the BOSS Katana 50 Mk 2 not only for electric tones but clean acoustic tones as well. My AER Compact60 handles acoustic and archtop type tones well but not as easily as my BOSE S1s. I am not surprised Gary that you have gotten great results from the new BOSE.

I have seen some players actually just use a Tele for solo work. You really can get a clean and sweet tone to back your vocals without all the muss and fuss we all love so much regarding acoustic amplification.
Thanks fellas - from "Brawltimore"
davidc
Old 12-27-2020, 10:41 PM

Default Question

Hi friend.... Great video and demonstration.

Quick question.....
Can you plug a guitar into the 3rd channel... allowing you to use microphones in the first two channels plus a guitar?

Also....am I correct that if you can use a guitar in the 3rd channel you can't use the built in reverb on the guitar?

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
New Bose L1 Pro8 Demo - Acoustic Rhythm/Tele Solo

I recorded a Rhythm Loop with my Martin DC-18e through an Electro Harmonix Stereo 720 looper. Then I solo'd over the loop with a Fender Custom Shop 63 Tele, bridge PU (Voodoo TE-60). Tele was into the Pedal board using; Nuenaber Seraphim Shimmer for Reverb *(Reverb was off), Baggs Align Session (Just a touch of compression). All playback straight through the Bose L1 Pro 8.

I haven't used any overdrive on the tele. I'm not sure that would sound good. But its fairly credible clean. I could potentially bring my Tele without a separate amp or electric guitar pedal board.

PS: Props and credit for the inspiration of this version of "Turn the Page" goes to my AGF friend Noledog (*Eric Alabiso) I stole it and embellished with my own spin. Thanks BroHemian Bro-tato chip!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification