The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

First time I ever heard of Deadwood;

What a cool guitar!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

There are some cool guitars on Craigslist right now between you (Lebanon) and me (Portland). I have a little money in my gear fund (sold some more stuff) and am trying to use retraint. There is a Breedlove Oregon Dreadnought in Aloha and a few nice Taylors - even a Webber Roundbody just above your price range. Somebody down in Eugene is trying to sell a couple Stonebridge guitars.

Is the Larrivee dealer The Fretboard Extension? i was in there yesterday and they seem like super nice people. I bought a tee shirt since it was cheaper than a guitar!
Old 09-23-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffcharli View Post
There are some cool guitars on Craigslist right now between you (Lebanon) and me (Portland). I have a little money in my gear fund (sold some more stuff) and am trying to use retraint. There is a Breedlove Oregon Dreadnought in Aloha and a few nice Taylors - even a Webber Roundbody just above your price range. Somebody down in Eugene is trying to sell a couple Stonebridge guitars.

Is the Larrivee dealer The Fretboard Extension? i was in there yesterday and they seem like super nice people. I bought a tee shirt since it was cheaper than a guitar!
Yeah, there was a Larrivee OM-40r on CL the other day for $100. Sold same day. There's a 1989 Taylor 810 I'm really interested in. Gonna check it out tomorrow.
I didn't think about checking CL for stonebridge or Breedlove.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Yeah, the Fingerboard extension. The one I really liked in there was the D-03r. Sounded fantastic. They do seem like really cool people. First thing they told me was to make myself ag home and play whatever I wanna play. If I can get my Taylor 314 sold, I'll have a few more options.
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)
Old 09-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorman22 View Post
Yeah, there was a Larrivee OM-40r on CL the other day for $100. Sold same day. There's a 1989 Taylor 810 I'm really interested in. Gonna check it out tomorrow.
I didn't think about checking CL for stonebridge or Breedlove.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Yeah, the Fingerboard extension. The one I really liked in there was the D-03r. Sounded fantastic. They do seem like really cool people. First thing they told me was to make myself ag home and play whatever I wanna play. If I can get my Taylor 314 sold, I'll have a few more options.
"Fingerboard Extension" - I got the name wrong despite buying a shirt! Nice people and some nice instruments.

I'm currently trying to find an alternative to buying a new Martin D-18. I'm just being silly because I am always interested in different guitars. Really, I shouldn't buy anything, but I did just sell a few things and have some money hidden away. The D-18 would fit me perfectly, but it does cost a lot more.

When I look at CL the Breedlove Oregon Series Dreadnought and the Stonebridge guitars interest me the most. Fortunately/unfortunately I'm busy enough this week that I likely won't check them out.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
"Fingerboard Extension" - I got the name wrong despite buying a shirt! Nice people and some nice instruments.

I'm currently trying to find an alternative to buying a new Martin D-18. I'm just being silly because I am always interested in different guitars. Really, I shouldn't buy anything, but I did just sell a few things and have some money hidden away. The D-18 would fit me perfectly, but it does cost a lot more.

When I look at CL the Breedlove Oregon Series Dreadnought and the Stonebridge guitars interest me the most. Fortunately/unfortunately I'm busy enough this week that I likely won't check them out.
Just go ahead and get the D-18. I spent some time looking for an "alternative" but finally just got the D-18.
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Oh, a D-18 would be nice!! I looked today and there’s a Martin MMV that just got posted. Once my 314 sells I’ll have a budget of around $1900. Rather than buy one guitar, I’m thinking of buying the MMV as well as a Gibson J-15.

Although, went to Guitar Castle in salem today and he had a 1965 Gibson J-50 that sounded so good. I’m about 1k short tho
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorman22 View Post
Yeah, there was a Larrivee OM-40r on CL the other day for $100. Sold same day.
$100 for a guitar that regularly sells for $1000+ used. Hmm... why do I think someone is missing their guitar?

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion