The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-29-2017, 05:57 PM

Default Air bag recall

I had passenger side airbag fix done this past March at dealer where I bought my Honda Fit new in 2008. Got a FedEx letter from them yesterday that they wanted to check that the repair was done correctly and would meet at my workplace or home, whatever most convenient. Dealer called this morning and left message for same thing wanting me to call right away to set up meeting. I called them back about 12:45 and they said they would have someone at my house this afternoon. Less than an hour later the Senior Regional service manager pulls into my driveway with a mechanic. They checked with video scope and took pictures. Guy in suit verified that installation done right. I asked why they were doing this and he said it was just a spot check of the repairs that they had to report to gov.

Now call me skeptical, but if this was a spot check of their work, would they go through the expense of FedEx next day letter and 1 hour response time if they weren't covering their butts? Perhaps someone was not installing all of the replacement parts and selling them on the side?

Anyone else have to do this after airbag recall fixed?
Old 09-30-2017, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

I had both passenger & driver side airbags replaced, under 2 separate recalls, on an older CR-V. I was asked to bring it back to the dealership for one of them to be checked, supposedly because the technician had not recorded the serial #, so they 1) couldn't get paid by Honda; and 2) unless recorded properly, I wouldn't be able to renew the registration with the state DMV.
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=572579
Old 09-30-2017, 06:28 AM

The air bag issue is a mess.

Our '06 Mustang has been on the "wait list" for replacement bags for 3-4 years now.
We're still told parts not available yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic