The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 12-15-2023, 02:13 PM

Default Good music theory or ukulele books for an 8yr old?

Hey all,

My son has been taking ukulele lessons and is mostly just learning tabs and some chords from what I can see. He's pretty much just learning specific songs.

Do you have any recommendations on inexpensive books (preferably in Kindle format) that you've come across on Amazon that are noteworthy? I have $10 of credit to use up so just trying to find something good that he can read and learn from. We've noticed he's into reading although I think he's into a lot of fiction. It would be good for him to read some other stuff too, especially about things that interest him (like ukulele/guitar)
Enya X4 Pro
Boroughs B30ACESB
Takamine EG330C

Last edited by jplee3; 12-15-2023 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:57 AM

I think that the books Aaron and Nicole Keim do are quite nice. I have bought the beginning ukulele book for a couple of younger people.

https://www.thebeansprout.com/store-1

Scott

Various stringed instruments
Old 12-19-2023, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmillbern View Post
I think that the books Aaron and Nicole Keim do are quite nice. I have bought the beginning ukulele book for a couple of younger people.

https://www.thebeansprout.com/store-1

Scott
Sorry, I see that you are asking about Amazon/kindle. You can get these as PDF as well. I live in Germany and have ordered and printed them out on nice paper for gifts.

Scott

Various stringed instruments

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments