The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-23-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback Ned. Any pics of the instrument after you installed the Schallers?
Sorry I don't have any headstock close ups.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 10-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
I have not seen a dealer that actually stocks the Schaller tuners pictured .

Me either. Which is why I had to order them direct. Schaller's site listed a bunch of wholesalers/retailers, but when I checked every one of their sites, I couldn't find them listed anywhere. I mentioned that in a message to Schaller. It's a shame that they're not pushing these tuners more on this side of the pond. They're priced much cheaper than the Sloanes... so they really should be working to eat into that market share. The market for higher end classical tuners must not be worth the effort. I suggested that they put ads in the acoustic guitar mags.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Milburn View Post
Sorry I don't have any headstock close ups.

Thanks for the pics Ned. Those are great looking guitars! And i really like the looks of the snakewood buttons. Glad I ordered mine!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:23 PM

I kinda wish the "s" could go away.

Anyone know what these tuners weigh?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I kinda wish the "s" could go away.

Anyone know what these tuners weigh?
I like the "S", but only on the non-black sets. It's too pronounced on the black ones. No idea what they weigh.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:38 PM

Ned those guitars look outstanding. Are those the wenge ones?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Tuners showed-up this morning. That was pretty fast shipping from Germany. Lars was great to deal with. My pic doesn't do them justice, but I thought I'd include it anyways. Looking forward to fitting a set to one of my Cordobas tonight.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Which metal is that, and would you mind posting a few other angles, to get an idea on how they look in different lighting angles? Thanks, and they look good so far!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:22 PM

Look great post us a pic when your done!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:53 AM

Yes, please post some pictures. I'm really interested in your GK with these tuner's
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

I just got a few quick (not great) pics of the last Cordoba that I did last night... my GK Pro. Suffice it to say that the tuners look even better on my F10 and C12, both of which have rosewood peghead overlays. The install on all three instruments was VERY easy and pretty much drop-in. The only issue that I had was that the screw holes on the inside two screws were off, so I had to drill tiny holes for the inside two on each side. Actually, because of the soft mahogany of the headstock, I just used a sharp awl to push in a small starter hole and then drove the screws in with a small screwdriver. It was very easy and quick to do... which is why I decided to go ahead and install all three sets last night. The biggest pain was just restringing all three of them.

In short, I REALLY like these tuners and consider them to be worth the money and relatively short wait for shipping from Germany. I didn't get the more expensive ones with the roller bearings, and considering how much I like these tuners so far, don't feel like I'm missing much. But I'm sure that the deluxe ones are even better. That's the only difference between the standard and deluxe sets though.

I'll try to get better pics tonight of all three instruments and post those tomorrow if I like the pics that I get. But here are my two crappy pics of the GK Pro with the maple headstock veneer. I'm almost thinking that the black tuning machines might have complemented this instrument better. But the ruthenium ones look perfect with the regular rosewood veneer headstocks. And I LOVE the snakewood look! These tuners look a lot more elegant than the over-the-top gold engraved OEM Cordoba tuners. They feel more solid as well. I have no idea how they compare to the Sloanes that I was originally going to buy, but if I had bought those... I probably would have only been able to afford to replace one set at a time.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:27 AM

Very Nice!!!!!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Pics from my rosewood-faced Cordoba F10 headstock...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical