The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM

Default hardshell case for cargo guitar.

my cargo is arriving the end of the week and interested in a hardshell case. has any1 used a 3/4 case that fits real good? thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM

You could just put it inside a bigger Composite Acoustics guitar. That would be tougher than any hardshell case.

I heard Chuck Norris plays a Cargo because it's the only guitar tough enough that he doesn't snap the neck just tuning up the high E string...
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"
Old 09-09-2008, 02:49 AM

I use this case for my Baby Taylor and Alvarez MSD-1 (their baby version)
SKB-300. I'm not sure of the Cargo's dimensions, but it might be close. I'm hoping to get a Cargo myself real soon.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB300

Or else, you could modify a dreadnaught or jumbo case (punch out the pick storage box) and lay the Cargo (in its gigbag) inside of the larger hardshell case. Not sure if it'd work though.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB20/

Have you heard of the Clam by CaseXtreme? Looks like you can lay the whole gig bag in there too and "float it". Kinda spendy though.
http://www.casextreme.com/madels_pages/acoustic.htm

Just some suggestions.

mAXEd
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 AM

I also need a special hard shell case for the Cargo - I got my Cargo so I would have a guitar to take with me on my motorcycle trips - not only do I suffer from GAS but also MBS (Multi Bike Syndrome - fortunately down to only 3 now)

I have Givi monokey top cases that snap on and lock to the bike - I'm looking for a way to use the same monokey mounting system to a hard shell case for the Cargo - I have been carrying the Cargo in its Access case on my back, but then I have to leave the wife home - which is fine with her on many of my trips - still, would be nice to have the Cargo case as just another piece of lock on luggage.

Suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks

2010 Simon Fay German Spruce/ EIR OM
2010 Taylor NS24ce Nylon
2006 Cordoba 55R Nylon
2008 Takamine Nylon Crossover TC135SC
1978 Takamine Nylon C128
2006 Miranda Nylon (My Motorcycle Guitar)
1973 Guild G37 Sitka/Maple

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber