The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Bought a Red Cargo

DaveG and I played one of these a few weeks ago at American Music in Bellevue, WA. We were pretty impressed by both sound and playability.

They received 7 earlier this week and only had 3 left as of this afternoon, a red, green and a charcoal.

I went and played all 3 and ended up buying the red one because, get this, it sounded the best! I would've thought a composite guitar would sound exactly the same from guitar to guitar, but no, each sounded quite different. The red one sounded the most "open" and was definitely the loudest. Maybe the composite material had aged longer than the others? It also had the lowest action. Long story short, I bought the red one.

These are as good as everyone says. They don't just sound good for a little/travel guitar, they just sound darn good, period. They had 2 left, both with electronics.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Congratulations. I wondered how long it would be before you ended up with one of those. When I saw the Gwaltney for sale I was suspicious . Now you need to add some pictures.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Welcome fellow Cargonite

They are amazing little guitars-

Kevdog
Old 08-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Congratulations. I wondered how long it would be before you ended up with one of those. When I saw the Gwaltney for sale I was suspicious . Now you need to add some pictures.
The Cargo sounds good but it's not even in the same universe as the Gwaltney. I put new strings on it yesterday just before it sold and I have never heard a guitar sustain as long as it does. I miss it already and I haven't even shipped it!

PS - Jan says I can't troll the guitar shops with you anymore!!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20C View Post
The Cargo sounds good but it's not even in the same universe as the Gwaltney.
I realize that. I just knew you were impressed with the Cargo and figured if you sold something it wouldn't be long before you ended up with one .
Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 AM

I missed you guys tonight at the Taylor Road show. I played both the green and the black cargo (the only two left) and I agree, I thought the green sounded different than the grey. Maybe strings, maybe manufacture?

WOW what a deep voice for such a guitar!

Wayne Johnson put on a good presentation tonight, and they even had a fall limited GC Koa for sale. I saw at least two cases go out the door. I was drooling over the K26CE (Koa GS). But it was the Cargo that impressed me the most.

Congrats on the new cargo! I tried some of the other CA guitars, and the cargo seemed just as loud and well voiced!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber