The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Default New Song on Myspace-GB

Hey guys! Pretty new to the forum, but loving browsing around the site lately. Tons of great musicians on here and people with great advice. My band just put up a new song on our myspace page and I was hoping to get some people to check it out and of course leave some feedback. The song's "She Doesn't Care": www.myspace.com/thegoodbreakband

We also found out the band is in the final round of selections to perform a pre-game show at FSU's football games! Thanks for checking us out!
-Shane
Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM

Nice stuff, Shane... it's good, fun music. I found myself tapping my foot and nodding my head as I listened (and I checked out all of your songs).

As far as the new song goes, I really liked the feel of the beginning and verses and the "breezy" part where it says "She'll take me back like she did before." I felt the song lost momentum, though, on the chorus. It didn't grab me the way I hoped it would, and I found myself wanting to get back into the groove of the verses again.

I felt kind of the same way about "Take You There"... I didn't think there was enough dynamic change between the verse and the chorus. Again, it's still a good song, I was just hoping for a little extra on the chorus parts.

My favorite song of the bunch, by a pretty wide margin, was "What About Me." Great groove... I love the way the harmonica and lead guitar traded fills in the verses. This song sounds the most polished to me, and it maintains a good feel throughout.

Overall, though, I like your band's sound. If I popped into a bar where you were playing, I'd certainly stick around to listen.

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

What Jim said X2... Except I would find a table close to the band and order a beverage
Spotify

FOR SALE:
MIKTEK CV4 Tube mic
Various Shock Mounts
2019 Alvarez ABT60 SHB-E Baritone guitar
Shoot me a PM if interested
Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Hi Shane...
Nice, really easy to keep listening to music.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks guys for the comments and compliments! Thanks Jim, that's the kind of feedback I was really hoping for- something to work off of. In the studio I guess you get caught up in the recording, but listening to it with your comments in mind I see what you're saying. Just a little more push to make the chorus sections more climactic. Anymore feedback would be great! We've got 4 songs to record in the next month so I'll keep y'all posted. -Shane

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell