The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 PM

And I forgot to mention that I really, really want one of these things.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
And I forgot to mention that I really, really want one of these things.
And, no doubt, you would also give it a really nice name of your own, Uncle Pauhana!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sean
Old 07-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Guest 928

road trip!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
And, no doubt, you would also give it a really nice name of your own, Uncle Pauhana!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sean
Thanks, Sean - a good individual name would be a must for a gorgeous instrument like that!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I just viewed all the videos. As I mentioned, I'm not a bass player, but I have to say that this guitar sounds pretty impressive to me. It is large, but a bass generally is and as with all Emerald guitars, the ergonomics/curves are in all the right places. The brilliance of Emerald innovation strikes again!
Old 07-26-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I just viewed all the videos. As I mentioned, I'm not a bass player, but I have to say that this guitar sounds pretty impressive to me. It is large, but a bass generally is and as with all Emerald guitars, the ergonomics/curves are in all the right places. The brilliance of Emerald innovation strikes again!
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, Tom! We really appreciate it, as always. Lots more to come from Emerald!

Best Wishes

Sean
Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Guest 928

Road Trip??
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 PM

Hi Sean,

I am a bassist (unlike some others, here ) 45 years and counting, and have played quite a few ABGs over the years (Martin, Guild, Earthwood, and a bunch of lesser priced ones when looking for one for a friend). This bass should be a top contender, going by the couple of videos I checked out. Personally, I think this bass would sound superb in a fretless model. The size is very welcome as most other ABGs have bodies that are just their acoustic guitar's counterpart, too small to be effective, at all, except in the midrange, and many are very small sounding and require amplification to really be of any use. My only caveat is that there could be a bit more real depth to the bottom end, but I can't really say, for sure, unless I can play one for myself (a fretless 4 string model, thanks!). Did anybody say ROAD TRIP?
Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
Hi Sean,

I am a bassist (unlike some others, here ) 45 years and counting, and have played quite a few ABGs over the years (Martin, Guild, Earthwood, and a bunch of lesser priced ones when looking for one for a friend). This bass should be a top contender, going by the couple of videos I checked out. Personally, I think this bass would sound superb in a fretless model. The size is very welcome as most other ABGs have bodies that are just their acoustic guitar's counterpart, too small to be effective, at all, except in the midrange, and many are very small sounding and require amplification to really be of any use. My only caveat is that there could be a bit more real depth to the bottom end, but I can't really say, for sure, unless I can play one for myself (a fretless 4 string model, thanks!). Did anybody say ROAD TRIP?
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we really appreciate it! We will be starting off mainly building 5-strings, but we hope to be able to offer 4-string soon after and no doubt we will be making fretless acoustics, as we did on our old model, so watch this space!

As for the road trip, we have a number of really exciting big projects to complete first and then when we have enough time to dedicate to this large undertaking we will be rolling it out as soon as possible!

Thank you again for your continued interest and support!

Best Wishes,

Sean @ Emerald Guitars
Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Wow! I'm primarily a bass player and have been a fan of ABGs for years. - I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!

Questions and comments for Sean:

Many of us ABG aficionados use LaBella black nylon tapewound strings. Have you tried these to see how well they work on yours, or can you?

What is the scale length? Your website is inaccessible for me right now, so I can't look there for information.

Are these available to order now? Feel free to PM me, I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.

Thanks!

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
[…] I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!
[…] I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.
Oh yeah, buy and review, please! I'm sure you'll love it.

I used to use a Tacoma Chief six-string for gigging (because I wasn't going to be taking my lovely old D28 out into the wild). I bought an Emerald X20 as an upgrade/replacement, and I have not even seen the Tacoma in the 3 ½ years since. I assume it's still in its case, but I can't say for sure.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Guest 928

I think I heard someone say "ROAD TRIP?"
Old 08-19-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I think I heard someone say "ROAD TRIP?"
LOL Evan...I'm pretty sure Sean heard you that time Amigo...even across the pond, the sound carries well...

I might have to look into getting one of these as well, but I'm afraid I could not do it justice...sigh...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
Wow! I'm primarily a bass player and have been a fan of ABGs for years. - I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!

Questions and comments for Sean:

Many of us ABG aficionados use LaBella black nylon tapewound strings. Have you tried these to see how well they work on yours, or can you?

What is the scale length? Your website is inaccessible for me right now, so I can't look there for information.

Are these available to order now? Feel free to PM me, I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.

Thanks!
Hi HeavyDuty,

Thank you so much for you interest!We have been doing a lot of testing with our prototype of the new acoustic bass, which has yet to be named and officially launched, but we have a few good ideas!

We are certainly open to suggestions from you regarding strings. The acoustic bass is not yet on our website, but this is imminent, but we have already taken orders for it and you are more than welcome to email me on [email protected] to discuss this in more depth.

We have been working on a number of major projects in the background Evan many of which will be revealed shortly. The road trip, as I am sure you understand, will be a huge undertaking, so we want to ensure that we have the time it needs before we roll it out, but this will be happening as soon as possible.

If you guys have any further questions, give us a shout any time!

Sean
Old 08-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Sean, I just emailed you - thanks!

Can you comment on scale length? Also, it's hard to tell from the photos, but are those Hipshot Ultralite tuners? (Please?)

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber