The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNichol View Post
As the owner of that store and forum, I also agree with JR. Although I welcome other dealers and their customers on my forum, the reality is that other dealers just aren't going to feel comfortable posting on another's site, and other dealers' customers are likely just not going to feel that comfortable discussing good deals that they received on another dealer's forum. As such, I think this separate sub-forum on the AGF is a great addition to an already great forum.

I think the separate sub-forum makes sense for the AGF as carbon fiber guitar enthusiasts speak a different language with the different building materials. To me, CF guitars are almost as different from wooden steel string guitars as are nylon string guitars.

Also, with the MacNichol forum, the topics are so often MacNichol store happenings - upcoming concerts and clinics, guitars currently in stock, our Road Trips, videos that we've produced, the activities of Euphony Custom Shop - rather than general CF guitar topics.

My prediction is that both forums will benefit with the addition of this separate CF sub-forum. The AGF CF forum will be a place to discuss general CF topics, and the MacNichol forum will focus more on the MacNichol-specific events.

Thanks to all for respectful and insightful discussion.
As a happy past MacNichol customer and forum frequenter, a class post by a class guy!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNichol View Post
As the owner of that store and forum, I also agree with JR. Although I welcome other dealers and their customers on my forum, the reality is that other dealers just aren't going to feel comfortable posting on another's site, and other dealers' customers are likely just not going to feel that comfortable discussing good deals that they received on another dealer's forum. As such, I think this separate sub-forum on the AGF is a great addition to an already great forum.

I think the separate sub-forum makes sense for the AGF as carbon fiber guitar enthusiasts speak a different language with the different building materials. To me, CF guitars are almost as different from wooden steel string guitars as are nylon string guitars.

Also, with the MacNichol forum, the topics are so often MacNichol store happenings - upcoming concerts and clinics, guitars currently in stock, our Road Trips, videos that we've produced, the activities of Euphony Custom Shop - rather than general CF guitar topics.

My prediction is that both forums will benefit with the addition of this separate CF sub-forum. The AGF CF forum will be a place to discuss general CF topics, and the MacNichol forum will focus more on the MacNichol-specific events.

Thanks to all for respectful and insightful discussion.
This changes the entire perspective on the relationship between the two forums. With Michael's thoughts on the where the primary focus of the MacNichol forum is and will be, the carbon fiber talk should naturally move much, much more to AGF as the primary source of discussion. This was not my preference for many reasons I have stated earlier--but is now the direction to go clearly.

Thank you for graciously giving your thoughts on this matter. For me, everything is different and in place now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber