The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Default JS Bach BWV 872 Prelude Duet (with myself)

Hi,

Here is my latest effort BWV 872 Prelude from the second book of the Well-tempered Clavier as a duet with myself. I found this piece so stunning I had to give it a try.
The first time I heard it I was really taken aback by the change up at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTlPndxZbtQ

Hope you like it,

Thanks,

Chris Saunders
Old 05-22-2015, 12:51 PM

Fabulous! I don't think I've ever heard the piece, thanks for posting. Great playing and interpretation. Really delightful piece and transcription. I'd much rather hear this on guitar than piano, but I'm prejudiced.

On my iPad, the bass didn't come out too strongly, I'll try listening on the desktop pc which has a pretty good speaker system. Wondering how you recorded and mixed this?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfsark View Post
Fabulous! I don't think I've ever heard the piece, thanks for posting. Great playing and interpretation. Really delightful piece and transcription. I'd much rather hear this on guitar than piano, but I'm prejudiced.

On my iPad, the bass didn't come out too strongly, I'll try listening on the desktop pc which has a pretty good speaker system. Wondering how you recorded and mixed this?
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I recorded it with Audacity. I added a tiny bit of reverb but that is all. The first part has 4 voices and is totally symmetric so I put two voices for each track. The second part has 3 voices but is more asymmetric so I split up the middle voice and organize it in a way where it is the least difficult to play when added to either voice one or three.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 05-25-2015, 06:18 AM

Outstanding as always. My teacher is bringing me into the classical world along with my other studies. Working on BWV 999 at this time. Always good to see your performance on this site.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Thanks GHS, glad to hear you are going classical. The more one learns about Bach's music the more amazed one becomes.

Chris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical