The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Cool

I made the jump to T5 for the more acoustic sound and feel. I liked the natural bass response of the T5 because of the larger body. I wished they offered a model with a T5 body and a T5z neck.
G&L Asat Classic
Fender Deluxe Strat Plux '89
Vox AC 30 TB
Fender Evil Twin
Fender Super Champ '83
Line6 Syder II
Old 10-11-2014, 09:18 PM

I got this one today. T5Z tropical mahogany. It's the lowest price but the guts are all the same as the other Z models. Comes with a bag. The other models have gloss necks, premium top woods like maple, koa and spruce. I love the ebony board and was milking out enough value to consider it a keeper after opening the box. They ship with 11's and I wasn't too crazy about that but I got over it and the frets are really nice and I was getting some nice snap out of them. Wish I could go the extra $ for a gloss neck and fancier top plus case, but at $1,600 my budget was already stretched.

Actually I ordered a Gator case with it but the dude sent me on that way too big. It was made for an ES335 and when you lay this in the center there's a whole inch of empty space on each side. Complications with on-line vendors.

PS: I actually like the look of the holes without the white lining. To me that looks a bit cheesy.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 PM

Nice guitar! The classic is a really great value in the T5/T5z lineup. If you would like a case let me know. I keep extra T5 and T5z cases in stock.

Go SPURS Go
Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Congratulations RareBird. Looks nice....
Old 08-04-2015, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just picked up a Taylor t5z classic, and have to say that the fit and finish is top drawer! Very easy to play, and sounds fantastic! This is my first Taylor and am very happy with the purchase!
Old 08-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just picked up a Taylor t5z classic, and have to say that the fit and finish is top drawer! Very easy to play, and sounds fantastic! This is my first Taylor and am very happy with the purchase!
Congratulations on your first and new Taylor. Welcome aboard as well.

You might want to take a few pictures of the new instrument and post them so we all can admire your new guitar. Start a new thread and give us a little background on yourself if you so desire. Again, welcome aboard.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:17 PM

Thanks barefooter! I think I will start up a new thread as this one does have a few cobwebbs! Lol I will also post some pics and a bit about myself. Cheers!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:19 PM

Thumbs up

FYI for this older thread,

Between me and the Missus, we have a 2005 T-5 spruce top, a 2012 T-5 maple top, and a 2014 T-5 z pro with the quilted maple top.

Love all 3 versions.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars