The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-06-2022, 02:08 PM

This bass started life as a 4 string with 4 in-line tuners. You can actually see remnants of the mounting holes for the 1st string tuner at the top of the cut-off head stock.

If it really bothers you then you can pick up one of those $50 import necks off e-bay, although the short scales are harder to find. I picked up an almost new Ibanez Mikro on Craigslist for $50 and have been playing 30" (both fretted and fretless) basses for several years.

I used to play full scale basses until recuperating from a pulverized collarbone injury and needing to fulfill gig obligations. I capoed my regular bass at the second fret and dropped the tuning a whole step. What a revelation! I never went back to 34" scale length after that.
Old 11-07-2022, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
This bass started life as a 4 string with 4 in-line tuners. You can actually see remnants of the mounting holes for the 1st string tuner at the top of the cut-off head stock.

If it really bothers you then you can pick up one of those $50 import necks off e-bay, although the short scales are harder to find. I picked up an almost new Ibanez Mikro on Craigslist for $50 and have been playing 30" (both fretted and fretless) basses for several years.

I used to play full scale basses until recuperating from a pulverized collarbone injury and needing to fulfill gig obligations. I capoed my regular bass at the second fret and dropped the tuning a whole step. What a revelation! I never went back to 34" scale length after that.

Yeah I’m sure you’re right. Main thing is that it does play well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars