The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
Great set up, neighbors with your lovely daughter. The dog's gonna be upset though, if his human puts a table in front of his favorite window
I was wondering what the dog was thinking too. Looks like the window is at a perfect height so he/she can watch the neighborhood.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
I was wondering what the dog was thinking too. Looks like the window is at a perfect height so he/she can watch the neighborhood.
Bella was watching my wife walking through the back yard carrying boxes.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Some very nice homes here and being a lifelong carpenter I enjoy seeing them. Not ashamed at all that we have worked to obtain decent digs. My lovely bride and I just downsized in October and purchased a rambler on a couple of acres in which to spend our retirement.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:12 PM

There are some beautiful homes in this thread. I love the wilderness. I still want a log cabin one day. Been dreaming of one since a little girl. It made me curious what kind of careers some of yall have had or have.

Someone mentioned the thread was flashy. I can see how that came across as such. I always say that you never know how someone came to acquire their possessions. It could be debt out the wazoo, inheritance, work & lifestyle, lotteries, investments, illegal activities, drug money, etc. You just never know. It's probably more helpful to ask how you can do similar than feel it's all showboating.

Last edited by Jusca; 12-21-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Our place was originally built as a hunting cabin in the late 50's. The owner's daughter inherited the place and had an addition built in the mid 90's.

last snow from garage bw noise reduce- by Paul Leach, on Flickr

The reason we're here is the creek that runs through.

creekside by Paul Leach, on Flickr

last snowupper island bw- by Paul Leach, on Flickr

lowden f24 window-00809 by Paul Leach, on Flickr

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Awesome pics folks - really enjoying them. And congratulations on what was no doubt many many hours of hard work and determination that eventually led to you be able to live in such digs - you fully deserve to enjoy the spoils of your labors. Too bad that for many in this day and age achievement and success are somehow looked upon with disdain rather than a source of inspiration and motivation to elevate ones own lot in life.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM

I love seeing the places that some of our members live in. Some of us live in some pretty cool places!

Of course, we have members who range from tiny apartment dwellers to residents of massive multi-million dollar mansions! That's the breadth of our society. The world is like that all over: people living with VERY modest means and people who, through whatever means, have prospered dramatically. And it's all just fine - the way of nature. Each of us is more prosperous than some are and less prosperous than others are. Nothing right nor wrong about that, it's just THE WAY IT IS - for a wide variety of reasons.

Certainly those living in tiny apartments aren't likely to want to show that in this thread. And that's fine. I wouldn't either, if I lived in a tiny apartment. But that doesn't mean we should not enjoy seeing how some others of us live. I look at some other's lifestyles and am in awe. And I'm sure some are in awe of my lifestyle. One man's ceiling is another man's floor - and it will always be that way.

Some of the happiest people on earth are those with the least. And some of the most miserable people on earth are those with the most. We're all just trying to find happiness with what we have been able to do for ourselves.

This week, we're living in our RV, as we've taken a brief trip away from home for the holidays. Yes, it's a nice RV. My wife and I are fortunate to have spent a lifetime working hard, building our own businesses (photography & graphics products) to be able to work our way into this kind of lifestyle. No one gave us this - we worked for it!

And the guitar that I brought with me on this trip - RainSong CH-OM1100NS. I LOVE this guitar and it is impervious to changes or extremes in temperature or humidity.

Last edited by DHart; 12-21-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

What an awesome RV DHart, and dog too!
Old 12-21-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusca View Post
There are some beautiful homes in this thread. I love the wilderness. I still want a log cabin one day. Been dreaming of one since a little girl. It made me curious what kind of careers some of yall have had or have.

Someone mentioned the thread was flashy. I can see how that came across as such. I always say that you never know how someone came to acquire their possessions. It could be debt out the wazoo, inheritance, work & lifestyle, lotteries, investments, illegal activities, drug money, etc. You just never know. It's probably more helpful to ask how you can do similar than feel it's all showboating.
I'm not seeing much flashiness here. Beautiful homes needn't be too ridiculously expensive, especially in rural areas where prices tend to be lower to begin with.

As beautiful as I think my home is, it's valued at about $10,000 below the average home price in my county so it's really not that extravagant.
Taylor GS Mini-e Spruce/Rosewood
Waterloo WL-S
Wechter TO-8418

Cordoba 24T tenor ukulele
Kanile'a Islander MST-4 tenor ukulele
Kiwaya KTC-1 concert ukulele
Kolohe concert ukulele
Mainland Mahogany soprano ukulele
Ohana SK-28 soprano ukulele
Brüko No. 6 soprano ukulele
Old 12-21-2017, 08:44 PM

DHart, Awesome, and no apologies needed for your earned success. Contrary to some opinion, other than those physically and/or mentally challenged, each and every person in this country, regardless of beginnings, has the opportunity to live the life they desire. Unfortunately, as someone once said, most folks don't recognize opportunity when it knocks on the door because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Now that lazy mutt of yours chillin' on the couch . . .

Just kidding, what a sweet looking baby.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:04 PM

Looks kinda like my little doggy.

Photo 2017-12-21, 6 58 24 PM.jpg37977611321_b9fa69bc67_b_50.jpg
Old 12-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Our place was originally built as a hunting cabin in the late 50's. The owner's daughter inherited the place and had an addition built in the mid 90's.

last snow from garage bw noise reduce- by Paul Leach, on Flickr

The reason we're here is the creek that runs through.

creekside by Paul Leach, on Flickr

last snowupper island bw- by Paul Leach, on Flickr

lowden f24 window-00809 by Paul Leach, on Flickr
Wow, really cool place with so much history.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
I love seeing the places that some of our members live in. Some of us live in some pretty cool places!

Of course, we have members who range from tiny apartment dwellers to residents of massive multi-million dollar mansions! That's the breadth of our society. The world is like that all over: people living with VERY modest means and people who, through whatever means, have prospered dramatically. And it's all just fine - the way of nature. Each of us is more prosperous than some are and less prosperous than others are. Nothing right nor wrong about that, it's just THE WAY IT IS - for a wide variety of reasons.

Certainly those living in tiny apartments aren't likely to want to show that in this thread. And that's fine. I wouldn't either, if I lived in a tiny apartment. But that doesn't mean we should not enjoy seeing how some others of us live. I look at some other's lifestyles and am in awe. And I'm sure some are in awe of my lifestyle. One man's ceiling is another man's floor - and it will always be that way.

Some of the happiest people on earth are those with the least. And some of the most miserable people on earth are those with the most. We're all just trying to find happiness with what we have been able to do for ourselves.

This week, we're living in our RV, as we've taken a brief trip away from home for the holidays. Yes, it's a nice RV. My wife and I are fortunate to have spent a lifetime working hard, building our own businesses (photography & graphics products) to be able to work our way into this kind of lifestyle. No one gave us this - we worked for it!

And the guitar that I brought with me on this trip - RainSong CH-OM1100NS. I LOVE this guitar and it is impervious to changes or extremes in temperature or humidity.

Well said my friend. Great dog!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMan View Post
Some very nice homes here and being a lifelong carpenter I enjoy seeing them. Not ashamed at all that we have worked to obtain decent digs. My lovely bride and I just downsized in October and purchased a rambler on a couple of acres in which to spend our retirement.

I love it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
What an outstanding guitar shot , and the dog looks so comfy it's almost asleep

[/QUOTE]
The professionalism of your photography is clearly apparent
Very cool

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic