The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-09-2014, 05:01 PM

Location: Central Va, really, 4 miles from geographical center of the state
Default How do I set up these pieces of equip?

Taylor with K&K pure mini, Digitech vocalist live 3, Fishman loud box. How would you hook them up and what cords do I need?
Old 10-10-2014, 04:07 AM

From reading the manual:
The obvious bit is connect the guitar to the guitar in with an instrument cable and the mic to the Mic in with an XLR cable (**Make sure that phantom power is set correctly for your mic**).
Connect one of the two output channels to the mic input on the amp using an XLR cable and set the stereo mono switch to mono. (Be sure to set the volume low on the amp to start off with) This will pass both vocals and guitar to the amp so will works as is.

If you don't want to use the Digitech Live 3 for the guitar output turn the guitar mix knob all the way down and connect the guitar thru to the instrument input of the amp (through any effects pedals if you have them).

You might be better off asking this on the Electrified section of the forum. They will ask what Mic you have, whether you have a PA and may have more specific advice.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:16 AM

Location: Central Va, really, 4 miles from geographical center of the state

Thanks arm I'll do that, though your advice is appreciated.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write