The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Can't imagine why they would use different strings than what came on the guitars.. but I don't know for sure.
Fairly certain the images are created at Fishman. I read somewhere that Martin is involved somehow in the imaging. In fact , if you send them any guitar they will record custom images of it for you.
I have found Fishman to be awesome folks so you could just email their tech support and they will answer your questions promptly.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM

here are a couple of recorded samples (very quick recording setup) with the showroom guitar (~ 6 month old ... sligtly rusted 2, 3 strings etc..): GPCPA3 with an image mix
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Nice playing! They all sound good now the fun part is to decide which you like best! It is hard to get a bad sound using AURA. I really like the GT image on finger picking.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantrock View Post
Nice playing! They all sound good now the fun part is to decide which you like best! It is hard to get a bad sound using AURA. I really like the GT image on finger picking.
Yes, they certainly are rather unique. I tend to prefer the lower blend of image (~20%) . I find the 50/50 blend (at least for the image I've tried so far), for example, to have some strange audio "texture" ... however, I'm sure that it will grow on me and I'll use many different settings depending on mood, piece etc..

Just picked up the factory-new GPCPA3 ... played it plugged and unplugged, just as fabulous as the 6 month old model ... the newer strings are (surprise surprise) clearly brighter in the lower strings so a very very nice balanced tone range unplugged imo. The new case had a slight ding so I took the older flawless case. The top and back wood is nicer imo than the demo model with more interesting subtle features ... an fine fingerprint!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM

i added a new sample (intro to Eva Cassidy's version of Autumn Leaves) with the new GPCPA3 (as of 4 days ago) .. again with the GT Velo 8 at 20% blend:
GPCPA3 finger picking samples

Val Dez 1968 Classical
1999 Vintage '62 Reissue Fender Jaguar
2011 Martin GPCPA3
My 3 Guitars
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron77 View Post
the action on my A3 seems a bit high as factory set up. The spacing at 12th fret for the 6th (low) string is about 2/16" from metal fret to bottom of the 6the string. Should I attempt to adjust the truss rod myself to lower the string height overall? for gentle strumming and mainly finger-picking how do you set your action?
Neutron: It's been a while since you posted this, just wondering what you decided to do. But in general, adjusting the neck is NOT the solution for high action. The solution for high action is to LOWER the saddle.

Procedure: Determine how much you want to lower the action at the 12th fret. Then take twice as much off of the bottom of the saddle by sanding it down on a FLAT sand paper board. I'd do it in steps, maybe half of that amount and thens string it up and play it. Then do some more... sneak up on it, you know; because if you go too far you'll have to make a new saddle.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion