The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-19-2012, 04:36 PM

Default Thank You AG Forum Members!

Thanks to your input I have now found the exact guitar I want for acoustic rock, the Martin DCPA4.

When I asked about decent guitars for the 1100ish price point at my local dealer they were ...duh...all depends dude..and otherwise sorta kinda well not really helpful.

In one post below, several of you chimed in and recommended it to me. I finally had a chance to try it out today. All I can say is [Edit: Wow!]

The volume, amazing. The ability to bend notes, like vamping Voodoo Child with that wicked bend on the G string on the 2nd fret, accomplished! Partial power chords, holy maloley....the thing sounds amplfied. The delicacy of soft passages on the upper registers, delightful. The ability to bend and hammer on the 12th fret, its all right there. For someone who primarily plays hard rock on acoustic, this thing is Christmas in July. The thing sings like a baby when you pat it nicely, and knocks your front teeth right back to your eardrums when you power on it. Who'd a thunk it, I had no idea this was possible without moving up to a Guild or a Gibson.

I would have NEVER found this dream guitar without your help here. No way in hell. I was looking at all the wrong models. So from the bottom of my heart..thanks so much guys and gals. This is absolutely the best online community I have found on the net to date.

I buy the thing tommorow, Long and McQuade here are gonna give me 80 per cent of the purchase price on my current Martin, so for a 600 buck investment, I move up to the big league. The only sad thing is they have none in stock and need to ship from another city, such abuse..having to wait!

Cheers
D.

Last edited by cotten; 02-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Nice, great choice. I have a local dealer that mostly sells high end guitars but has been very upbeat about the PA line even though it's not the kind of money he's used to ring through the register which is quite telling.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Congratulations, David, on finding the right guitar for you. That's always something to crow about!

cotten
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 PM

Congrats D, be sure to post some pic's.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Charter Member

Hi Davis,

Congratulations on that new guitar!

- Glenn
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 AM

You're thankful now but you'll be resentful when you get chronic GAS!

Congrats on your new guitar!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 AM

In the deep 70's I was touring with a disco band when I played Kansas City and heard about a new amp that Clapton was using - Music Man. I bought one in KC but the store had to order it. I left town - scheduled to return in two months - with a Music Man pamphlet. I read that pamphlet al day, every day until I returned to pick up my amp.

Worth it? Yeah. Torture? Yeah. Have a good time killing time, and thank you for the memory recall.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 AM

Welcome to the Martin family, enjoy your DCPA4!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Well, I have had a ball with my DCPA-4, so I know exactly how you feel. To me, it's the best all around guitar Martin sells in the $1,000-$1,500 range. I has everything I wanted in a guitar and it fit my budget nicely.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Haha...GAS...i didn't get the joke at first, then it hit me, good comic timing on that acronym.

Thanks for the kudos....man I am worn out. Weeks of watching youtube video reviews, testing out guitars and thinkin about it have left me drained. Us old timers cannot take that much excitement, I feel like a Hobbit who has been out on a long expedition!

Cheers
D.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion