The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Simon and Patrick mini jumbo

Anyone own one of these? What do you like or dislike about it. I saw one at the music gallery and thought it was pretty sweet looking guitar. I didn't get a chance to play it cause' I was slacking from work and had to get back to the office. It's been causing serious GAS all weekend!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 AM

I've read some positive posts about its Godin-cousin Seagull mini-jumbo. The S&P, because it should be close to the same except for neck profile, should also sound really nice.

Bill
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM

I have not played one but if it does sound like a seagull then it should be a great guitar. Harmony Central gives it an average of 9.7 for sound. And any guitar with a sold Cedar top is bound to sound good.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:15 PM

I've owned an S & P folk and played a few other models in my friends shop and I rate them. Top value, very strong and quite distinctive tone. I'd prefer one to a Seagull. Do try it out.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 PM

I've played maybe three of the Seagull version and I think one of the Simon & Patricks.

They're great guitars for the money, very versatile. And they sound excellent.

whm
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 AM

I own two, no less. They are unbelievable value for money, hand made in Canada using top notch woods. They may need a bit of a set up though. My new one was fine - I fitted ebony bridge pins and tweaked the two way truss rod a bit then it was OK. The secondhand one needed the action lowering a bit, that's all apart from some new boxwood bridge pins. On both, the tusq nuts are cut perfectly. Very highly recommended !!!!!
Eastman OM1
Ibanez M-340 Japan
Simon & Patrick SP12
Harmony mandolin
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker View Post
Anyone own one of these? What do you like or dislike about it. I saw one at the music gallery and thought it was pretty sweet looking guitar. I didn't get a chance to play it cause' I was slacking from work and had to get back to the office. It's been causing serious GAS all weekend!
Not sure why a guitar would cause GAS if you've never played it - unless you typically fall for pretty faces - go back and play the darn thing -thats the whole fun in this - then fall in Love with the darn thing ! play as many makes and models as you can get your hands on - didnt your mother tell you not to fall for the first pretty face you see !
Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Just go and buy it !!!
Eastman OM1
Ibanez M-340 Japan
Simon & Patrick SP12
Harmony mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion